• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with this case?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTTAkqFz_88
    Peter R

Never heard of it before.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Nope! Stand your ground you say? Hmmmmm

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I wasn't familiar with the case until I saw a link to it on FB. Here are some snippets of his testimony. He is appealing.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFRTz...&feature=share
        Peter R

Comment

I'm still trying to familiarise myself with this. Will be interesting to see what the outcome is. It seems the Zimmerman case will rear its head. This is the problem with these types of cases. Dooley armed himself, I am guessin, before he confronted his neighbour... as did Zimmerman before going on patrol. We'll see.
          Peter R

Comment

Wow! Dooley sounds like a Caribbean immigrant

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Neither did I until yesterday. He was convicted as the video says. He is appealing and it will be interesting to see the outcome.
              Peter R

Comment

Jamaican it said somewhere.
                Peter R

Comment

Interesting to me is the testimony of the white guy from the basketball court. He says the gun was in the waist and that the man raised his shirt to show him when the defends t says that the gun was in his pocket. Also he said that the deceased mentioned the gun but the be deceased daughter and the defendants own testimony was almost identical and the little girl did not mention anything about hearing her father mention a gun.

Comment

Plenty eyewitnesses...that's what did Dooley in...

Comment

If its stand your ground why should eyewitnesses matter? The clip hat was posted with the white guy giving evidence, was anything g striking about his evidence?

Comment

This wasn't a stand your ground case...courts denied that defence before the trial started...Dooley was washing his car...got in an argument...went inside and got a gun...then came out and lifted up his shirt to show the gun...according to numerous eyewitnesses...i don't think you can do that...

Comment

Doesn't it change when he walks away and the deceased the. Becomes the aggressor? There seems to be a disconnect there. I admit that all I have seen and know about the case is contained the snippets posted but something g is. It adding up.

Comment

Doesn't look like the deceased approached Dooley in an aggressive way though...he walked after him and was said something to the effect of "you gonna flash a gun at me" which is when Dooley turned and pulled the gun...the deceased then tried to grab the gun and wrestle it away from him...Dooley said he was choking him to death...eyewitnesses say he never choked him...hit him...raised his fists or anything...he just tried to wrestle the gun out of his hand...paramedics said Dooley had no marks on him to suggest he was being choked...

Comment

I see

Comment

Working...
                              X