On this Emancipation weekend let us remember those

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On this Emancipation weekend let us remember those

who suffered for all those years, yet still survived. We cannot even imagine the depression and disillusionment they must have felt at times when no end was in sight. Still they survived.

Yes, we are capable of greatness, but first we have to believe it. Whether you believe you can or you can't, either way you are probably right.

We must emancipate ourselves from mental slavery, because while others might free the body, none but ourselves can free the mind
    Marcus Garvey
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

yeahman big them up.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You're So Right

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      who suffered for all those years, yet still survived. We cannot even imagine the depression and disillusionment they must have felt at times when no end was in sight. Still they survived.

Yes, we are capable of greatness, but first we have to believe it. Whether you believe you can or you can't, either way you are probably right.
      Yep! Michael, PJ and Sister P will have a lot to account for on that judgment day.

Just my damn five cents, and to hell with those who do not like it!

Comment

I think you mis-posted and misspoke. Wrong thread for political baggage and rants.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
          Yep! Michael, PJ and Sister P will have a lot to account for on that judgment day.

I give Donald Burns Sangster a pass. He just was not around as PM long enough to make a meaningful impact...

...but what about Busta, Shearer, NW Manley, Michael Manley and most of all Seaga?

Was is not the combined acts of all these 'men' (your list and mine) that have us where we are today?

In my book the PM that did the most 'wrong' is Seaga!!! He it is who promoted and had us descend into the pit we now find ourselves with his establishment of Tivoli Gardens. That enclave was born out of the destruction of lives and still does so..."The Mother of all Garrisons"!!!

Tivoli Gardens will always live in infamy! ...and there is no rational person who can deny its creator - Rt. Hon. Philip Edward George Seaga!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

At least Assasin tries to mask his biases. You just plain suh!

I hope yuh not really a historian. Man fi bias but nuh suh a rah!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post

Our Jamaican fore-parents would be disappointed with our economic, social and moral current status.

Emancipation? Ever look up the meaning of the term?
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

mi won't even deal with you today, Make the emancipation weekend pass. Let me reflect.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

LOL, dem hijack me thread to rhatid.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Lol! Assasin going to reflect. Woiiieee!

I guess yuh standing in front of a mirror, Sass?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dem? Is Historian start it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And unoo finish it!

Comment

no worry. Have to think bout the greats. Revolutionary work is about to drop!!! Watch di ride. LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X