English skittish on JA -JLPNP fostered criminality run tings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English skittish on JA -JLPNP fostered criminality run tings

Juss ah likkle hint of a sliver of the economic disincentive to investment ... and foregone income.... caused by JLPNP & Business fostered criminality & corruption

GDP Haircut conservatively estimated by the Whirl Bank at -5% per year... X40 years dat look like US$60 Billion in lost income

But the myopic waan focus pon choosing which Tribe of Midgets "betta".... ignoring the REAL problem

Lee Kwan Yew...whe yuh deh??? wooooiiieee

British companies looking to Jamaica but have concerns
    BY ALICIA DUNKLEY-WILLIS Senior staff reporter dunkleya@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, August 01, 2013

BRITISH High Commissioner to Jamaica David Fitton has indicated that there is some level of interest from companies in Britain that want to set up shop in Jamaica, but says this will depend on a number of factors, including concerns about security.

Speaking with the Jamaica Observer in an interview on Monday, Fitton — who took office in June — said that discussions have begun with the firms. However, he did not disclose their names.

New British High Commissioner to Jamaica David Fitton makes a point during an interview with the Jamaica Observer at the British High Commission on Trafalgar Road in Kingston, on Monday. (PHOTO: JOSEPH WELLINGTON)

"There are one and two and for obvious reasons I don't want to go into details, but before I left London I did some briefing rounds on political issues, security issues and I also met with a number of companies," he said.
    "Since I arrived, I have been to the Chamber of Commerce here and what's clear is that there are some new companies that are looking at Jamaica," Fitton said.

"They have to do their due diligence, their research, when they are ready they will be in touch. It depends on what the prospects are. Some of them may come to nothing, some may have good prospects," the British high commissioner told the Observer.

"I think what we discussed about security, whether it be corruption or the feeling that Kingston is a difficult city to work in, may be some of the reasons that put persons off from doing business here. So, if we tackle one problem we could actually help the other problem," Fitton noted.

Pointing to the results of a World Bank study which found that if Jamaica could reduce its homicide figures to single digits it could help improve the country's Gross Domestic Product by about four or five per cent, Fitton said "clearly one of the ways that would help is that more companies might be more serious about wanting to work here".

"I am not trying to be naive and think this is an easy thing to deal with, I think it means we work on the one hand on the security side and if we do make some progress, then the prospects for encouraging more companies to come here or the companies that are here to do more will be better. We will see; that's part of my task over the next few years," he added.

However, he pointed out that security might not be the only concern.
    "Again without saying too much about which companies they are, but if they are looking at a particular sector they may decide purely for commercial reasons, not necessarily security, whether a commercial venture will work or not," Fitton noted.

In the meantime, the British high commissioner said that the issue of trade and investment would be another of his focus areas.

"The amount of goods exported to Jamaica is slightly more than the other way around, this year so far its about £90 million worth one way, and about £86 the other. I think we all feel there is the potential to do more," he said.

Commissioner Fitton, who on Monday also met with a group of British businessmen, said the idea was to dialogue with existing entrepreneurs who "might want to do more or new ones who want to do business". He said equally, Jamaicans who want to do more business in the United Kingdom could be part of the dialogue.

"There are plenty of companies from Europe, North America who are here already, but I am sure there is potential for more," he added.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

What was the Murder rate in 1989 ?

What is the murder rate today ?

What has changed ? Our politics ?

Sometimes mi haffi wondah bout yuh... look like the seedless grapes a ferment innah yuh belly and junk yuh..

lol ! woiee !

Comment

Muadib, no tribal war pls

mi a wonder wah if any of you guys ever analyse the murder rate properly

How many bad man had visas/fake black books or were able to buy plane tickets to the UK,in 89, compared to now?

Do you agree, more guns = more murders?...in 1989 we had way less guns than now so...

my 'theory' is, Jamaica has always been a violent society since emancipation, and our murder rate is directly proportional to illegal access to AUTOMATIC weapons
      Last edited by Skeng DX; August 1, 2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Plus, other things like, how easy our most dangerous criminals are able to travel, eg. the 80's/early 90's versus mid/late 2000's to now

Comment

Well mi nuh affi worry bout yuh....fi yuh tribal illness obvious

Juss one likkle ting yuteman.... Even in this Sweet Vineyard we all know and love ...aka good ole USA... how many were slaughtered by the DayWalkin' Vampiya's Showa Posse....askordin to Babylon data??

a. 16 persons

b. 160 persons

c. 1600 persons

Now in JA when one factors in ALL the JLPNP Gangs...how many were killed in since the mid-seventies?? Bout 30,000 or so??????

How much investment was foregone due to JLPNP fockery?? How much income was lost???

Nuh bodda gwaan like yuh ah Monkey ah praise some JLP Midgets ...wooooiiiieeeee
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng DX View Post
            Muadib, no tribal war pls

mi a wonder wah if any of you guys ever analyse the murder rate properly

How many bad man had visas/fake black books or were able to buy plane tickets to the UK,in 89, compared to now?

Do you agree, more guns = more murders?...in 1989 we had way less guns than now so...

my 'theory' is, Jamaica has always been a violent society since emancipation, and our murder rate is directly proportional to illegal access to AUTOMATIC weapons
            how is this being tribal? he has asked a simple question. the government has to bear ultimate responsibility for maintaining security and law and order.

the PNP has failed to our great cost. nothing tribal in pointing that out...

Comment

oh ok.. so not tied to the state of the economy ???

How many Gangs exist in Jamaica today ?

Comment

I ask you a simple question and yuh gone postal..

What has driven murder in Jamaica to more than 4 time the levels in 1989 ?

JLPNP ?

lol ! woiee !

Comment

no, you missed my point

Comment

hmmm...'state of the economy ' ...ok...so why Jamaica's murder rate is multiple times higher than, Swaziland, Equatorial Guinea, Italy, Cyprus, Spain, San Marino, Eritrea, Belgium, Iran, Greece, Slovenia etc...?

and why 'booming' South Africa murder rate is almost identical to Jamaica?

yes...The state of the economy plays some part...but, I think it's not directly linked as U believe

Comment

<How many Gangs exist in Jamaica today ?>

aw...well, we have more gangs per unit of the population than ever before. I think, this is a result of criminals not being able get visas, mixed with the availability of gunz and bullets

Comment

what a way unnu a bawl fi take politcs out, 3 years ago unnu never did a talk so, wha happen. It was hold the JLP accountable. Yes we fi hold both a them accountable when them in power.

PNP need fi step up.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

unuh? ...all black people teef, therefore Assassin teef...that Logic make sense?

Why ya grouping me, I was not even here[the forum]...

Comment

[ fi take politcs out]
                            well, when you are ANALYZING, in order to arrive at the right conclusion, it is best to keep your EMOTIONS out...in this case... your political bias

Comment

you will be back when JLP inna power. So many of us will be posting on politics, economics and all kind of government policies. LOL. How we miss those discussions?

It seem like we only hold them when JLP inna power. LOL.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X