No announcement yet.

Amadou Diallo or Trayvon Martin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lived in NY during the Diallo fiasco,the sentiments now may very well be diffferent than during the court case;people now outraged by the verdict probably weren't in the early aftermath.We as parents hope for as little as possible contact between the police and our children,the Travon matter would have us extend that fear to contacts with john public.I am equally saddened by both verdicts,and considering that Travon was killed many years after the much publicised Diallo case is troubling.

The Berhard Goetz case was also troubling despite the youngsters would have probably robbed him.How do you feel about the Goetz matter?

Comment

Asking anyone to "wing" somebody is from the movies...you pull your gun to kill...not wound or intimidate...

Comment

Suh dem Zimmerman well guilty den..

In his mind the only way out of his predicament was to kill di yute.. since him draw him gun..

Suh when big man get into a fist/wrestling fight and him a lose.. only way out is to shoot the next breddah..

If dat nuh manslaughter mi nuh know what is..

Comment

The testimony supported that Zimmerman was in fear of his life...unnuh can speculate all unnuh want...

Comment

I Have No Strong Feelings About It

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
            I lived in NY during the Diallo fiasco,the sentiments now may very well be diffferent than during the court case;people now outraged by the verdict probably weren't in the early aftermath.We as parents hope for as little as possible contact between the police and our children,the Travon matter would have us extend that fear to contacts with john public.I am equally saddened by both verdicts,and considering that Travon was killed many years after the much publicised Diallo case is troubling.

The Berhard Goetz case was also troubling despite the youngsters would have probably robbed him.How do you feel about the Goetz matter?
            Rockman, I honestly don’t remember a great deal about the Goetz matter, aside from the fact that he was a man who shot some guys on a train, men who he apparently believed were about to rob him. This happened some decades ago, sometime back in the 1980s, I think. I know that I didn’t give much of a second thought to that case, and it never really bothered me, which is probably why I can’t remember too much about it.

Another case which never overly interested me was the verdict in the Rodney King case. In fact, I cannot recall ever discussing it with anyone at length, aside from speculating why was it that, although there were a couple of men in King’s car, he was the only one beaten by police.

Those cases certainly did not impact me as much as the Amadou Diallo case and verdict did. We are talking about an innocent, hardworking immigrant who came to achieve the American dream, and whose only crime was that he tried to assure the officers of his innocence by showing them his ID. That one really, really upset me, even to this day!

To expand further, I cannot think of another such case - not even Trayvon Martin’s – that bothered me as much as Diallo’s case did!

Comment

Speculate ?? lol ! woieee !

Your statement demonstrates you do not understand what is required before one can use deadly force on an unarmed person...

There is NO forensic data to support Zimmerman's story that his life was in great threat.. none...

At least the jury have an excuse.. dem undah pressha and dem white and dem nuh know bettah.. what is yours ?

Comment

Working...
              X