Jews have long figured out overcoming obstacles- Time we did

Yeah, but when you name "Williams" it nuh easy!

(Note: "Williams" supposedly the most popular surname among black Americans)

Yes ultimately civil rights is about economic power.

But how do we get that, beg it, demand it, or create it?

Jawge wrote a thing on the forum years ago : that if black people get FULL reparations in cash today, in a few years it would flow right back out of the communities and into the hands of those who run the economy.

Cedric the Entertainer put it another way: the only thing reparations would change is that Cadillac would be the #1 selling car in the US.

I respect MLK to the max , he led one of the greatest movements our people have ever had. However we badly need to revisit the lessons of Garvey to move forward from here. Fight for your rights yes, but ultimately we need to be negotiating from a position of strength to really get our share of the spoils.

The beautiful thing about the era that we live in is that land is no longer the only path to wealth. The source of unlimited capital is located from the neck up.

We really don't need more farmers, we need more engineers.

I agree with you , my position is take nothing off the table , like the Jews ! that is the standard , how did they do it ? but should it be only Jews ? what about Asians ? ...they seem to raise themselves up on their own , but if we take a deeper look they used their cultural strengths to get off the floor , where is ours ? that's the dilemma for Africans in the west, its stripped and splintered , deeped in colonial classism and racism , so it is going to take awhile, Africans in Africa should have less of an excuse even given slavery role because they have controlled their resources since independence and their splintering has not been so devastating as it has been to us in the west.

We have issues and we need to take resposnsibility for it , but that doesn't absolve the slavery card , it must and should be used for us to know ourselves i.e to implement institutions to guard from it happening again.That is the dilemma of the card , how do we use it !

Ask the Jews !

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Excellent idea! That is without a doubt a much better way to do it.

I am with you, never forget the history but use it as motivation to move forward, not as a reason to sit back and watch it happen again.

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                  please notice the quotation marks..

Not all "Black Man Time" are created equal..

LOL

Jawge a wait pon him hotel. LOL

Have no desire for the hotel business. I have plans for the info age and the niche it has to offer.
                      Last edited by Jawge; July 31, 2013, 01:59 PM.