What is wrong with our people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with our people?

Was chatting with the FC at a north coast hotel. I shared my observation about the amount of local guests in house. The man pointed out that when he local groups come in they steal plates, cutlery and linen. The man said the GM was asking why food was dumped at a certain part of the hotel. What did he guests do is request food all night, dumped the food in order to steal the plates.

Now if these resorts take steps to protect their bottom line we goo a here dem nuh want black people a dem place.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Jamaica is a 'kleptocracy'. No different from the politicians, businessmen, preacher, evangelist, bus conductor, police etc. etc. ripping each other off.
    Seems like someone has a plate business...can't see a great desire for cheap hotel plates...

BTW - were the guests only black Jamaican people?

Comment

you had a good vacation?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

A nation of thieves....a just so we flex. They should offer local guests paper plates.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          you had a good vacation?
          Yes, except for the idiots overtaking when other cars coming, dem all a overtake round corner. The man dem scare me Sass.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Live a foreign too long, you're not used to the dangerous driving & road rage.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              Was chatting with the FC at a north coast hotel. I shared my observation about the amount of local guests in house. The man pointed out that when he local groups come in they steal plates, cutlery and linen. The man said the GM was asking why food was dumped at a certain part of the hotel. What did he guests do is request food all night, dumped the food in order to steal the plates.

Now if these resorts take steps to protect their bottom line we goo a here dem nuh want black people a dem place.
              Such a darn shame:
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                you had a good vacation?
                Comment on Lazie's post nuh///
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Too many Jamaicans don't understand tourism and business in general. Them think once you invest you a "rich man". See how they stole the bearings at the Chinese man sugar factory and now all the security workers get laid off. I hope it was worth it.

I know many hotels have to be worrying about staff stealing their stuff from food, liquor, phone calls, stealing from their guests and then they have to worry about guest stealing. Very sad indeed.

I was in the Smokey Mountain this weekend with my family and we also had a Jamaican tourism university student with us. She was very impressed, we can only hope for the younger people to deliver us.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Scary fi true. One run a female motorists off the road recently, she crashed into a tree and succumbed to injuries. The bastard did not even STOP! Hopefully, he got mowed down himself!!
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Two years ago I was in Kingston and went to Jencare. The woman have to engage security to search all the workers at the gate before them leave the premises. Car trunk and all the bags get search.

I hear they were stealing her products left and right.
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Its really bad...I've had sm experiences...from 'professionals'....

Comment

Working...
                        X