• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ochi harrassment

HEAVEN

1 2 >

Carl Gilchrist, Gleaner WriterOCHO RIOS, St Ann:
    FORMER PRESIDENT of the St Ann Chamber of Commerce, Kumar Sujanani, has said there is a miraculous drop in the cases of tourist harassment in the resort town of Ocho Rios.
    Speaking at the annual general meeting of the chamber recently, Sujanani, a businessman with interests in the tourism sector, praised the efforts of the chamber's vice-president, Desmond Palmer, and others who he said played a role in the improvement.
    "Their efforts have resulted in significant improvement where harassment is concerned," Sujanani said. "It is simply miraculous to see the changes in Ocho Rios. This is a dream come true!"
    ARRIVALS DOWN
    Tourist harassment has been a key element in the reduction of cruise ship arrivals at the Ocho Rios port over the last few years, resulting in several cruise ships diverting to the newly built port in Falmouth.
    However, following efforts by the police, with support from the tourism ministry and business sector, there is finally some progress.
    It is unclear how much of an improvement there has been, but according to Sujanani, the new situation is a relief.
    Vana Taylor, Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association executive, also commended the police team, while Leopold Williams, immediate past-president lauded Tourism Minister Dr Wykeham McNeill "for his quick response" to the concerns of the chamber and the Ocho Rios business community in general.
    "This is one time where we can say a politician has really worked," said Williams.
    Meanwhile, new president of the St Ann Chamber of Commerce, Oral Heaven, has pledged to continue the efforts of the chamber in seeking to uplift the parish of St Ann.
    "We have to look at how to continue to build on the success of the past administration," Heaven told reporters after he was elected as president for the 2013/2014 year.
    Heaven, a bank manager, was the sole nominee to fill the vacancy created after Williams declined to seek re-election after one term in office.
    Heaven said one of the areas he will target is the cruise shipping port.
    "As it relates to cruise shipping, for example, we have lost out to Falmouth, but with the development coming of the pier in Ocho Rios, we expect business to grow and come from that. So, we will continue to work with the minister of tourism, so we can get Ocho Rios back to being the number one cruise shipping pier in Jamaica."
    rural@gleanerjm.com
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Gwaan McNeil and all who involved. Long time this needed to be done. Just keep it up and nuh make it a nine day wonder.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Gwaan McNeil and all who involved. Long time this needed to be done. Just keep it up and nuh make it a nine day wonder.
      Wi get a Gwaan!!!!!
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

yeah when him do stuff that is deserving in my eye, I have no problem.

Comment

yeah when him do stuff that is deserving in my eye, I have no problem.
          Well yuh guh choo a big dry spell my yute... Since las' year December ah di fuss Gwaaan dis

Mi memba wen Bartlett used to get ah Gwaan ebry couple week

Is wat ah gwaan Sass?? woooiiiieee

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

go look on Mcneil first full winter season and come back to me.

Comment

I don't know how to
              go look on Mcneil first full winter season
              nor do I know, if I ever figured that out, why I should
              come back to me.
              Last edited by Don1; July 25, 2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

well if you do, you will understand. I told you before I would see the winter numbers but as usual you don't listen.

Comment

well if you do, you will understand. I told you before I would see the winter numbers but as usual you don't listen.
                  I do not understand this

Are you saying you were issuing Gwaans during McNeil first Winter season?

Comment

you wouldn't, go back and research our post on the subject from last fall.

Comment

No. I am not performing research at your behest.

I distinctly recall an alarming absence of Gwaans as soon as Bartlett was kicked out.

Are you denying this Gwaan shortage Sass??

Comment

Oral heaven? Is that a name or a state of being?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sounds like a place...

Comment

how much time you want me to explain that I say it based on the achievement that I have seen. Again if you can't talk from what I have said in the not so long ago and you want to make it up then so be it.

I give Mcneil the chance to prove himself.

Comment

You're being disingenuous Sass.

1. You were issuing Gwaans for Bartlett just based on his yappin regarding things he intended to do. In Bartlett's case you saw no need for him to prove himself before you proffered an avalanche of Gwaans

2. As soon as Bartlett was ejected..your Gwaan emissions ceased. Now you claim McNeil has to "prove himself" before you accord him any Gwaans...that's not a level Gwaan Playing Field Sass

3. So after becoming accustomed to your regular Gwaans for Bartlett...we are left hanging without any Gwaans for 19 months before your begrudging and sedate Gwaan today.
                              That particular Gwaan was not in your headline nor was it embellished by any of your usual exclamation marks with which you routinely treated Bartlett's Gwaans...wha mek?

Mi nuh know bout nuhbaddy else but over those 19 unfortunate Gwaan-less months I have suffered from Acute Gwaan Withdrawal Anxiety Syndrome (AGWANS)

Dats not fair of you Sass ...suh mi gawn
                              Last edited by Don1; July 26, 2013, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X