• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yu zi mi.

Comment

A bahamas Miss- torian rest ?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Mi no unnastan..mi post b4 yu!

Comment

Dem kinda thinking deh will ave man a yaad a compare Vibes to Bob ,betta dem compare Bolt and Vibes dem ave dem niche ,T&F and dancehall, Bob transcends reggae, revolution,ganja,ethiopia,pan-africanism,even track and field and dancehall,yep people identify with bolt because of Bob ,dancehall artiste still mention bob.

Bob boil down...sick !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The two ah unno put forward some cogent argument. Couldn't put it better myself.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Jesse Owens is unknown by people that are not into track and field or history. Pele is iconic and a legend in many ways, bicycle kick, winning three world cups and being the best player ever can last for quite a while in a sport that has a rabid fan base across the globe, it is possible that Bolt may get there, he is unusual in many ways and very photogenic, my hope is that he will go down as the greatest athlete of all time, with his unusually great name and personality his image may endure for a significant time. To get there he needs to win three more in Rio, couple more World champs, that will be virtually impossible to repeat. The great ones have all lasted more than a decade at the top of their game, Ali, pele, Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                A bahamas Miss- torian rest ?
                Mi nuh know
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                  Mi no unnastan..mi post b4 yu!
                  post wha?
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Bolt has already outlasted his counterpart in Track and Field by winning back to back Olympics and so many medals. Jesse Owens is known outside of track because of the stance by Hitler at the time.

When you win an Olympics in Bejing, England and Brazil you cover a lot of continent and plus World championship in Russia etc. When you are been used in quotes by some of the biggest politicians in the world and stars of all kind you know you are famous. Bolt legendary status will also have to do with how long his records stands and what he does after track.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Historian,
                      I know this is not scientific... BUT, I am curently in Canada.. I was at a local market with literally hundreds and hundreds of people walking around in a town 100 km west of Toronto; in the hour or so i was there I saw no one wearing a Usain Bolt t-shirt, about three people wearing a Bob t-shirt.

In POS, downtown, I do not see people wearing Usain Bolt clothing nor the open selling of such... I do however see many Marley t-shirts selling.

As Exile said, his musc has endured for over thirty years after his death and its popularity continues to grow and surprisingly among kids who were just born a decade or more ago.

Bolt will be out of the picture within lets say ten years at the outside... will he have the kind of continuing legacy of Bob Marley? Do people remember Babe Ruth more than Elvis Presley? What souvenir would one more likely see being sported? Elvis or Babe? Usain or Bob? I go for the ones who leave the enduring legacy in their body of work.

Bottom line, I still disagree with you!
                      Peter R

Comment

Very unscientific...lol...but I get your drift.

Comment

Boss compare Bob with a legend like Pele in the same era, and Bob legacy grows in this modern age , couple years ago Wycleff did over some of Bobs songs , where today Pele is reminisced as history.

When I saw the intial post , I chuckeld as to whom would give it some relevance , I am truly amazed , it shouldnt even be debated, to me its an insult.

Comment

Working...
                          X