May he rest in peace, and light perpetual shine upon him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May he rest in peace, and light perpetual shine upon him

Sometimes I wonder about the things we say. Yes, on a slow day I tend to do weird things.

Take that popular phrase we utter when we learn of someone's death. What's the origin? Is it in the bible?

And if these unfortunate souls are to rest in peace, either in their graves or in some sort of other world (heaven?), would they really appreciate some light being shone in their direction perpetually?

I know I would be like, hey Peter, try tek dah light deh outta mi yeye before me and you have sumpten! A weh yuh feel like. Yuh nuh see a bay white clothes people have on too?

Just saying...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Chue ting.. when man want fi rest him shut off di lights usually..

Comment

Stop drinking cheap wine.

Comment

I know! That's the sort of thing that will have light being shone on me perpetually as I try to rest in peace!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lol....woooeiii....

Comment

LoL; Stress buster forum to de WERL
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

True yuh nuh ...light perpetual shining upon someone sounds like eternal interrogation! And may you be waterboarded for the ret of your life....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh a sleep!
                ...dat sleep nuh lite nah badda...caaan badda yuh!

...but yuh wudda waan iffen yuh cudda tink dat dere protective light deh sine pan yuh!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                X