RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While di Termites Crawl on Caricom, di Chigga dem ah Fly..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PR I outlined a possible solution to Jamaica's trade dilemma.

1. The myopic JLP & especially PNP administrations should have subjected Jamaica's trade options to expert 3rd party study....from that study the best option should be chosen. That could mean staying in CARICOM, a temporary withdrawal from some aspects that are unsuitable or complete withdrawal to pursue some other trade strategy.

The point is whatever is done should be done on the basis of expert data...not ignorance or emotion.

2. Whatever option is decided should include FTAs with US/UK/Canada to reach our "natural market in those countries.. as I described above
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The threat of pulling out can be used as a tool to get CARICOM to the table.

I am not suggesting we do and certainly it shouldn't be the first option but everything must be on the table.

If Jamaica is even pulling out short term, what is the plan for Jamaica to go forward? Are we going to use it as a catalyst to ramp up production???? I doubt it very much.

Caricom has its growing pains but we need growth in the economies and some level of fairness. When was there ever a dispute settled in CARICOM??? Where was this addressed and was there any fines or sanction???

It is nice to have pretty words but is Jamaica's problems been addressed?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Now that the Laybarites have come out for pulling outa CARICOM yuh position change tuh:

The threat of pulling out can be used as a tool to get CARICOM to the table.
        Dem influence pon yuh trong babba

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Clearly state where my position change??? from when. There you go again.

I have clearly stated that I am not sure the best thing is to pull out but Jamaica have to decide what is best for them with CARICOM. That is always my position and will always be.

You certainly have a knock for spreading rumours on me and deciding what people should be believe.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Clearly state where my position change??? from when. There you go again.

I have clearly stated that I am not sure the best thing is to pull out but Jamaica have to decide what is best for them with CARICOM. That is always my position and will always be.

You certainly have a knock for spreading rumours on me and deciding what people should be believe.
            But Sass when I advanced the position of JA THREATENING to pull out of CARICOM a few months ago..in order to pressure TT...yuh did ave nuff argument fi mi den... yuh nuh memba?

Now di Chigga dem come wid sitten similar an yuh ah purr lika kitten

Comment

your memory serve you wrong. I have never advocated not pressure TNT so don't lumped me inna that. My only difference was that I said Trinidad will never give us the same oil benefit. I said CARICOM as it is, currently is a pipe dream for Jamaica, so please don't come with that.

you need to stop rewrite the history. I have always advocating putting pressure on Trinidad because of their behavior in free traded.
              What I said is we will never get their oil at the price we want so we can stop looking there.

Comment

You don't make sense now Sass...this is not logical

1. JA can threaten to withdraw from CARICOM in order to get CARICOM to the table (recalling that it's only TT we have a dispute with on energy & trade)

2. Trinidad will never give us the same oil benefit. I said CARICOM as it is, currently is a pipe dream for Jamaica

So Sass please explain why you would support threatening to leave CARICOM to "bring them to the table"??

Comment

What I am saying is Jamaica is not benefitting from CARICOM as it is now. It it looks good on paper but we will not get the trade benefit from it unless we advocate change within CARICOM or its Treaty. There is a chance we can benefit it in the long run but we have to pressure CARICOM and in the worst case withdraw(use all means neseccary) to get results for Jamaica.

Trinidad had many chances to make oil concession with CARICOM and never did so I don't see them changing. I have named the bones Jamaicans have with Trinidad as it relate to trade and these have to be addressed. If CARICOM can't address Jamaican grosses in a meaningful way then it will not benefit Jamaica but there has to be a plan and action by the Jamaican government either way. IF you can't understand that then so be it, but stop tell lie pon me please.

Comment

That's very noice Sass.

What is puzzling me is when I advanced a similar argument instead of saying ... Don1 I agree with you ... yuh did ave one bag ah long argument

Now dat di Laybarite dem come to dat position yuh lay dung

Wha mek?? Is it my delivery that's upsetting you?? LOL

Comment

if you revisit it. you were the one who attacked me because I said we will not get Trinidad's oil. That was the only contention we had and you trying to "educate me" about CARICOM. You must stop listen to yourself sometimes.

Comment

I did not attack you... I merely requested clarification

Comment

Working...
                        X