Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
    'Speeding' is a discretionary offense..

There is no law which says if a vehicle is going above a certain speed then by law the driver must receive a ticket..

55 mph at midday is not the same as 55 mph at 3am...

LOL. Do that in Singapore and try the same explanation. You are uniquely positioned to implement the Jamaican version of the Singapore model. Carry on.

Comment

My agenda is exposing corruption...especially among the political & business elite which is its the head spring & fountain

Your agenda appears to be a naive apologist for said corruption

That's your right...Carry on
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

There is no law that requires that but before you charge someone for bribery I assume you would want to be sure his intention is to bribe an officer.

If you can't establish that then you don't have a case. Simply. The officer met and decided to drop the case as there wasn't enough evidence and then change his mind??? Why didn't he stand firm??? Why didn't he made sure the man a bribe him??

Yes there is corruption in high places but how you a go root it out if your police force is part of the problem and officers don't establish their cases?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
          Singapore model mi say. Just not for everybody. Come to think of it that would be the classic Jamaican adoption of the Singapore model "for some but not for others". I think the JLP could implement this model quite easily. I hope the crime syndicate is taking notes.
          They do not understand the connection

Politics, class identity or personal feelings disable many

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

It's not for the police officer to establish the merits of a case...that's the job of a judge

Get your roles straight next time

One notes you ignore th question posed re the role of the senior officer...is wha yuh fraid??

Comment

How can the judge establish when there is no case????
              The police is the first initial contact and he accused the man of bibery. I am sure the judge didn't.

one thing at a time.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

This case should have been a positive teachable moment affirming that the Rule of Law applies to everyone...even Tapanaris

Instead it just reaffirms our Plantation Status.... nuh wonda wen it come tuh corruption persons juss run wid it

Comment

I am beginning to suspect that you are a buffoon

There is a case...the case is being presented now... The case is the reason for this thread... your responses are based on said case

Yuh bline? wooooiiiieeeeeeeee

Comment

"Your agenda appears to be a naive apologist for said corruption"

There you go again, you can't help yourself.

The fact is the police officer did a very poor job. I don't support corruption and I don't support crucifying people for who they are. If you are going to charge someone you make sure you have the evidence to back it up. Simple.

Police can't lock up people because they "feel" or they "think". This officer simply need to learn to communicate properly. I have a mind to think and that is what lead me to my opinion so thanks but no thanks for your agenda.

Comment

"I am beginning to suspect that you are a buffoon"

Again try your best, when you don't get what you want that is the best resort. LOL.

Comment

Believe me...to reach the conclusion that you're a buffoon who didn't know that he was commenting on a case was not what I wanted when I started the thread

Comment

some how you always reach the name calling. All I am saying is, it is such a poor case that the defendant will not be found guilty for ANYTHING.

Comment

This is a Rum Bar so name calling is de rigueur.. so don't be alarmed

It is now a poor case because the main actors have most likely been suborned... that is a likkle taste of the corruption by the powerful that fcuks up Jamaica

All unnu ave strent fah is small man dem...like di likkle police guy dem

Comment

I give good police them due, not the lickkle flighty one them who a beg money and don't even understand what and how to get someone to incriminate themselves. While I know some on this forum think every Jamaican businessman is corrupt, guilty or not, it is not the case. It is on the authorities to make a solid case and as if you can't see the police didn't do that so be it. Up to now the police is not sure if the man offered him a bribe or not???? LOL.

Comment

true words.. dah chip deh a disable yuh itinually..

Comment

Working...
                                X