My "yard man" passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "yard man" passed away

last Saturday night. His story is tragic, one of uncontrolled addiction, first to cocaine and then alcohol. He was a young man (to me), 45 yrs old but moved like he was 85. I continued to employ him, (which I didn't need to as my yard is the size of a postage stamp) on the caveat he not turn up with any hint of alcohol in him. As such I sent him away on a couple occasions.

I spoke to him on Saturday midday, and he asked me to come and visit him, He had been in hospital a week before, scheduled for surgery for haemorrhoids, at least that's what he told me. I had visited him in the hospital and brought "stuff" for him. I found out the he subsequently discharged himself and went to his sister's place where he was when we spoke. I told him I couldn't go to see him until Sunday as I truthfully had a full afternoon already planned.

However, I have a sense of guilt in not making the effort to see him then as he died of a heart attack, later that very day, according to the DMO. I will see his body at the funeral tomorrow.

May he RIP.
    Peter R

Condolences
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Sorry to hear boss. Release guilt, it binds and stifles us at time. You did what you could.
      Now, you could offer me a job....

Comment

Condolences
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

RIP yardman.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Aaaah!
            These heart-rending events that take place 'in our lives'? Rough and sad!
            My soul cries for with and for you.
            My sympathies.
            May he rest in peace and light perpetual shine on him.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X