• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP Slams PNP Over Shape Bad Economy

woieeee mi bady
    Attached Files

Tweet Blues: MP Says Sorry To Miss World Finalist

North West St Ann MP Dr Dayton Campbell has apologised to one of the finalists in the Miss Jamaica World pageant following an offensive comment he posted on Twitter last night.

Shortly after Jenaae Jackson was announced the contestant with the 'best shape', the Government MP took to the social media website tweeting: "bout best shape, she shape like the Jamaican economy."

The comment by the MP triggered widespread condemnation from Twitter users who regarded the post as irresponsible and inappropriate.

"Our values are eroding slowly but surely," tweeted sports expert Carole Beckford.

Another follower @dpos_smith simply tweeted "Irresponsible!"

Dr Campbell would later remove the post and say sorry for his comment.

In one of two posts expressing remorse at his tweet Campbell tweeted: "To whom much is given much is expected, I should know better. Sorry madam. Apologies also to people in twitter land."

Jenaae went on to be placed first runner-up to the 2013 Miss Jamaica World Gina Hargitay, Miss Nirvana Magazine.

Second runner up was Amanda McCreath - Miss Margaritaville Jamaica.

In May, Campbell also came in for harsh criticism after supporting the views of Kingston Mayor Angela Brown Burke that the media were biased.

He made the suggestion because on the same night TVJ had the Opposition leader, Andrew Holness on the current affairs programme, All Angles, CVM had Opposition spokesman on Finance Audley Shaw on its programme Direct.

Campbell, in a series of exchanges with his followers insisted that the Prime Minister or the Finance Minister should have been invited on the programmes.
    woieeeeeeee

Comment

Do these people even give themselves 5 seconds of thought before they jump and post on social media?
      Last edited by Islandman; July 22, 2013, 10:21 AM.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Reality MUCH MUCH better than fiction !!: .."bout best shape and she shape like the Jamaican economy" ...he haayyyyy LOL
        Peter R

Comment

Why should they? It's not like in the civilized world where they would be forced to resign...here are a few ditties from Damion Crwaford's twitter feed:

when mi squeeze them find bwoy head at ease him lef flat like banana leaf #BaddestDancehallLines
          chuu dem hate mek mi naa lef mi nine #BaddestDancehallLines
          inna the dodge ram mi ram ar and dodge r #BaddestDancehallLines

Comment

It amaze me when public figures live their lives on social media.

What do they expect.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              Why should they? It's not like in the civilized world where they would be forced to resign...here are a few ditties from Damion Crwaford's twitter feed:
              Ahmmm ... Of course you have every right to complain about these stupid politicians but do you think you're the best placed individual to be hyper-critical of embarrassing but mildly interesting trivia posted on social media??

Juss aksin
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yes...it's not like I am spreading false claims of rape and murder against anyone

Comment

Funny.... on social media yuh caan post everything that comes to mind.
                  Mi have some female fren (non Ja) who post every photo dem tek. On the beach in dem bathing suit, and dem shape look bad (as in really bad, not good), drinking and laughing photos in a bar, licking each other in the club, some obsessed with their female reproductive organs, etc.. etc....
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

That sounds like libel... who did that? The authorities should be alerted for sure
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Who is mirroring what? Politicians mirroring society or vice versa?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Negative feedback loop...we haffe break it somewhere using an external force.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

They strike me as trying to seem hip and edgy to impress the youngsters on social media...how can you represent your "company" online and be acting like a schoolboy...his twitter handle is @DrCampbellPNP and his bio states "Medical Doctor, Past President of JMDA. Believer in Jamaica, Member of Parliament for St. Ann north western. Most importantly proud father."...yet he continues with juvenile behaviour online...

Comment

But Brick , nuh suh you move fi a big man ? its just a reflection of society where grown men act like kids in every facet , be it business, politics or idleness.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Who am I on here representing? If I had my company name attached to any social media account I couldn't act any old way...if you want to live your life in the public domain you have to be held to a higher standard...a jus suh...

Comment

Working...
                              X