Trayvon Who????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trayvon Who????

Time for some perspective.... Here are a few snippets from just one city recently.... Where's the faux outrage, endless yappin' & TV "programming" on this???

9-Year-Old Shot Inside Car In Chicago, 10 Other People Shot Overnight Citywide

Posted: 06/06/2013 11:37 am EDT | Updated: 06/06/2013 12:13 pm EDT

A 9-year-old boy remained in critical condition Thursday morning after he was shot while riding in the back seat of a car with his mother the previous day on Chicago's South Side.

The shooting happened around 5:30 p.m. in the 6700 block of South Evans Avenue in the city's Woodlawn neighborhood.

According to DNAinfo Chicago, the bullet that struck the young boy is believed to have been intended for the boyfriend of the boy's mother, who was riding in the front passenger seat. Four other children riding in the car were not injured in the shooting.

The boy was struck in the chest and shouted, "Mommy, I'm shot" before his mother took him to Comer Children's Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery, the Chicago Tribune reports. He is expected to survive.

The boyfriend is an alleged gang member who had been recognized by a man on the street, according to a police source NBC Chicago spoke with. He reportedly fled the car after the shooting, according to CBS Chicago.

No one is in custody in the shooting as an investigation continues.

Elsewhere in the city, 10 other people were shot over a period of eight hours in Chicago. Among them were two fatalities: Miguel Villegas, 15, and Jessie Clark, 20.

Chicago Weekend Shootings: 10 Dead, At Least 40 Wounded
    Posted: 03/19/2012 10:44 am Updated: 03/19/2012 11:44 am

At least 10 people were killed and 40 others wounded in one of the most violent Chicago weekends in recent history.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports that most of the victims were in their mid-teens or early 30s, with the exception of 6-year-old Aliyah Shell, who was gunned down Saturday while playing in front of her home in the Little Village neighborhood.

Two teens were arrested and charged in Aliyah's slaying Sunday.

As temperatures climbed into the 80s -- a record in the city for March -- the violence continued.

Ten Shot, Two Killed in City Violence

Police say that 10 people were shot since noon on Thursday.
    Friday, Sep 21, 2012 | Updated 10:15 PM CDT

Chicago Police are investigating 10 shootings across the city, two of which were deadly.

Two men were killed in a drive-by shooting in the Princeton Park neighborhood on the 9000 block of South Racine Avenue early Thursday evening. Wardrick Watts, 26, and Dejuan Dennis, 20, were both declared dead on the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
    Later that night, a 19-year-old man was shot in the 100 block of West 103rd

At least 10 people shot overnight; 82 killed or injured in last week

SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE August 31, 2012 11:06AM

At least 10 people were wounded in shootings throughout the city – mainly on the South Side – Thursday night and Friday morning. Since last Thursday, at least 82 people have been wounded or killed in shootings in Chicago.

The most violent shooting overnight occurred at 12:48 a.m. in the 100 block of East 60th Street in the Washington Park neighborhood. Police said five men -- all in their 20s -- were standing outside when a white vehicle drove by and someone inside opened fire.

A 23-year-old man was shot in the side, a 24-year-old man was shot in the knee and thigh, a 29-year-old man was shot in the hand, another 29-year-old was also shot in the hand, and a man described only as being in his 20s was shot in the foot, according to police. According to Fire Media Affairs, one man was in critical condition and four others were in stable condition.

Another drive-by shooting with multiple victims took place about 3:45 a.m. in the 2600 block of West LeMoyne Street, in the West Town neighborhood.

A 25-year-old man was shot in the arm and leg and a 26-year-old man was shot in the arm. Both men were taken in good condition to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County.

Well I guess Chicago is one noice likkle cog inna di "supply chain" and provides a valuable market value uptick fi investors inna Prison Industrial Complex equities...nuh choo HL??
    Last edited by Don1; July 19, 2013, 08:54 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Chicago south side is a pertetual war zone, I remember listening to a principal give a speech at her school saying they "lost" 5 students this year. What she didn't bother to say is that more than 20 other students had been shot that school year.

How can a child learn anything except badmanship in that environment. How can a teacher safely discipline anyone in that environment.

Trayvon is a tragedy for sure. I just wish that we could realise that the majority of work has to be done in the spaces of time between those tragedies that get national attention , when there is no mic, no video light, no cable news around.
    Last edited by Islandman; July 20, 2013, 08:15 AM.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

BTW I am in JA now, just finish up a project with Kimroy up in the hills of south Trelawny. What a place have nuff yam! Went well though.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Please bring me some sliced, cooked yellow yam.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          Chicago south side is a pertetual war zone, I remember listening to a principal give a speech at her school saying they "lost" 5 students this year. What she didn't bother to say is that more than 20 other students had been shot that school year.

How can a child learn anything except badmanship in that environment. How can a teacher safely discipline anyone in that environment.

Trayvon is a tragedy for sure. I just wish that we could realise that the majority of work has to be done in the spaces of time between those tragedies that get national attention , when there is no mic, no video light, no cable news around.
          Very true

For me the Black/White dimensions of violence are important of course in this racist society .... esp. since mi ave 2 pikney

But the most impactful violence that needs our attention is that among our own...it's a constant & unrelenting orgy of violence the scale of which constitutes a public health emergency. Unfortunately we mostly treat this public health emergency as "ah just suh di ting set" i.e. ignoring it.....

But we become VERY emotional and agitated & engage in endless yappin when a white or near-white idiot is involved in a crime against us

Sumting Wong wid dat pikcha to mi
          Last edited by Don1; July 20, 2013, 10:19 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I've been following Kimroy's really GREAT work on his blog & FB posts....amazing stuff for such a short time.
            Mi also si where im preaching the Gospel of Robotics up in the Hills & Valleys all bout Jamaica.....Really proud of di yute

Exile si one JALAWELO-ready project yah http://kimroybailey.com/community-center/

Comment

Heh heh. Been eating most of them that I see.

Comment

Black people and the president are the biggest hypocrites when it comes to black on black crime. Black people kill each other like sport and yet, the president & his good friend Rahm Emanuel, see and hear no %$#@ evil.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                  Black people and the president are the biggest hypocrites when it comes to black on black crime. Black people kill each other like sport and yet, the president & his good friend Rahm Emanuel, see and hear no %$#@ evil.
                  Ok boss

Comment

The president touched on that in his speech so what are you talking about?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am sure black on black crimes if prosecuted usually end in convictions.
                      The Travon case is particularly touching because it could have been my son.
                      If that Zimmer fellow had just not stalked Travon,we have no reason to believe Travon would have been involved in any criminal activity(Florida crime figures would not hae increased by one for that day),and of course,that predisposition the Zimmer fellow had never took a backseat to better judgement.
                      In hindsight Travon was fighting for his life.
                      Obama has suggested not blaming the Judge or jury, and in the process absolve them of their role in this great injustice.
                      I blame them just as I blame those all white juries that exonerated all the guilty KKK members that carried out those infamous hate crimes in the past.

Comment

Well I guess Chicago is one noice likkle cog inna di "supply chain" and provides a valuable market value uptick fi investors inna Prison Industrial Complex equities...nuh choo HL??

Don1...use some reason. You think it's ok to stand by and watch "others" benefit (get rich)from OUR 'raw materal'/natural resource..and not benefit too?
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

ok boss ... ovastood

Comment

Working...
                          X