Racism in America : Profiling

• Racism in America : Profiling

I had a teacher in college , italian vietnam vet turned english teacher , the best , covered media bias and I remember when he asked have you ever heard a white person look at you ,someone ,family friend or stranger and say you look suspicious or acting strangely and their perception came out to be unfounded ?

The response from the class was overwhelming mostly from afro americans/carribbeans ,I gave him my anectode , how a black kid came to a class and stood outside the class leaning against the wall , made a white female in the class remark he looked suspicious , a girl responded (white ) he is my boyfriend and he is waiting for me !

He asked how it made me fell , I said shock ! ....this man dealt into media bias like I have never known or seen , he brought articles of the New york times , the so called best and showed the bias ,subtle but glaring to the trained eye.

I have never looked at the media the same way since.Racism perverses every facet of american life from dress ,speech,literarily ,media to residence ,I was hoping america would show it matured in the Zimmeramn case, I was wrong.

The revolution will not be televised or broadcasted.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

He said it ,nothing sells like it in America, it will never go away ....SELL OFF MI SAY ,RATINGS!

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I had a teacher in college , italian vietnam vet turned english teacher , the best , covered media bias and I remember when he asked have you ever heard a white person look at you ,someone ,family friend or stranger and say you look suspicious or acting strangely and their perception came out to be unfounded ?

The response from the class was overwhelming mostly from afro americans/carribbeans ,I gave him my anectode , how a black kid came to a class and stood outside the class leaning against the wall , made a white female in the class remark he looked suspicious , a girl responded (white ) he is my boyfriend and he is waiting for me !

He asked how it made me fell , I said shock ! ....this man dealt into media bias like I have never known or seen , he brought articles of the New york times , the so called best and showed the bias ,subtle but glaring to the trained eye.

I have never looked at the media the same way since.Racism perverses every facet of american life from dress ,speech,literarily ,media to residence ,I was hoping america would show it matured in the Zimmeramn case, I was wrong.

The revolution will not be televised or broadcasted.
      Wi ah study & analyze Babylon media manipulation fram wi eye deh ah wi knee @ high skool.

Wi nuh guh skool fi mek Babylon program wi mind wid dem TV/Newspapah/Radio/Magazine/Book etc "programming"

Babylon Shitstem ah di Vampiya....das why wi cyaan tap chant dung Babylon....memba mi tole unnu dat langlang time ..... woooiiiieeeee

Some white people feel uncomfortable if you don't smile. I've had another person told me that my demeaner gives her the impression that I have violent tendencies.

Don't we have a forumite who did not have an issue with the NYPD's racial profiling policy of stopping & searching black & hispanic youth without cause?

The regular mental catch phrase is your tone ? ...you raised your tone , why are you being defensive ...speech ! from yuh ear dat , yuh affi put on your Obama cap , its in response to your verbal hostility...lol ...btw I didn't raise my tone ,that's your perception in my rebuke of your views.All in a cool tone.

How di seedless grapes ?

Mi nuh dun study dat yet

yuh paying taxes into dat system ?

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                  yuh paying taxes into dat system ?

Yuh ah police?

Well, you know what I tell them ---"I would need BOTOX to walk around grinning like a cheshire cat all day"

Frig them and ther bull***** -- I do not care how they label. When blacks are aggressive, we are seen as defensive and arrogant.

Those I work with, know that their distorted opinions, are just their view. But once you approach my desk, you do so in a respectful mode.

The west indian professional (Jamaican) women culture has brought a certain levelling of the playing field in NYC and Long Island...lol

See a Jamaican professional at work here...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dGSKQnMH4g