Racism in America : Profiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism in America : Profiling

I had a teacher in college , italian vietnam vet turned english teacher , the best , covered media bias and I remember when he asked have you ever heard a white person look at you ,someone ,family friend or stranger and say you look suspicious or acting strangely and their perception came out to be unfounded ?

The response from the class was overwhelming mostly from afro americans/carribbeans ,I gave him my anectode , how a black kid came to a class and stood outside the class leaning against the wall , made a white female in the class remark he looked suspicious , a girl responded (white ) he is my boyfriend and he is waiting for me !

He asked how it made me fell , I said shock ! ....this man dealt into media bias like I have never known or seen , he brought articles of the New york times , the so called best and showed the bias ,subtle but glaring to the trained eye.

I have never looked at the media the same way since.Racism perverses every facet of american life from dress ,speech,literarily ,media to residence ,I was hoping america would show it matured in the Zimmeramn case, I was wrong.

The revolution will not be televised or broadcasted.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

He said it ,nothing sells like it in America, it will never go away ....SELL OFF MI SAY ,RATINGS!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
      I had a teacher in college , italian vietnam vet turned english teacher , the best , covered media bias and I remember when he asked have you ever heard a white person look at you ,someone ,family friend or stranger and say you look suspicious or acting strangely and their perception came out to be unfounded ?

The response from the class was overwhelming mostly from afro americans/carribbeans ,I gave him my anectode , how a black kid came to a class and stood outside the class leaning against the wall , made a white female in the class remark he looked suspicious , a girl responded (white ) he is my boyfriend and he is waiting for me !

He asked how it made me fell , I said shock ! ....this man dealt into media bias like I have never known or seen , he brought articles of the New york times , the so called best and showed the bias ,subtle but glaring to the trained eye.

I have never looked at the media the same way since.Racism perverses every facet of american life from dress ,speech,literarily ,media to residence ,I was hoping america would show it matured in the Zimmeramn case, I was wrong.

The revolution will not be televised or broadcasted.
      Wi ah study & analyze Babylon media manipulation fram wi eye deh ah wi knee @ high skool.

Wi nuh guh skool fi mek Babylon program wi mind wid dem TV/Newspapah/Radio/Magazine/Book etc "programming"

Babylon Shitstem ah di Vampiya....das why wi cyaan tap chant dung Babylon....memba mi tole unnu dat langlang time ..... woooiiiieeeee
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Some white people feel uncomfortable if you don't smile. I've had another person told me that my demeaner gives her the impression that I have violent tendencies.

Don't we have a forumite who did not have an issue with the NYPD's racial profiling policy of stopping & searching black & hispanic youth without cause?
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The regular mental catch phrase is your tone ? ...you raised your tone , why are you being defensive ...speech ! from yuh ear dat , yuh affi put on your Obama cap , its in response to your verbal hostility...lol ...btw I didn't raise my tone ,that's your perception in my rebuke of your views.All in a cool tone.

Comment

How di seedless grapes ?

Comment

Mi nuh dun study dat yet

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

yuh paying taxes into dat system ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                  yuh paying taxes into dat system ?

Yuh ah police?

Comment

Well, you know what I tell them ---"I would need BOTOX to walk around grinning like a cheshire cat all day"
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Frig them and ther bull***** -- I do not care how they label. When blacks are aggressive, we are seen as defensive and arrogant.

Those I work with, know that their distorted opinions, are just their view. But once you approach my desk, you do so in a respectful mode.
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

The west indian professional (Jamaican) women culture has brought a certain levelling of the playing field in NYC and Long Island...lol

Comment

See a Jamaican professional at work here...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dGSKQnMH4g
                          Peter R

Comment

Working...
                          X