No announcement yet.

Not Guilty!!! He Walks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this in a new thread... from 2007.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/23/ny...rial.html?_r=2
    Peter R

Comment

Point taken Peter R. I know it is not about that and a lot of teens experiment with these things at some point. With decriminalization in a lot of jurisdictions, it trivializes the use even more.

Anyway, just taking a punch at you because I could.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I'm short so didn't even have to duck
        Peter R

Comment

X read carefully what I said. You said the defense was not spectacular and I said they were effective because they established reasonable doubt for the jury. That is my only point.

That have nothing to do with your agenda or what you think.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The murderer never even spent a day in jail!

As I saw in a poster, someone needs to tell us black people which ground we can stand on, or something to that effect. Because clearly, stand your ground is not for us.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you know the sad part is that some people I see standing up for Trayvon but if Trayvon was a Jamaican in Jamaica they actually wouldn't give him that pleasure. It kind of infuriate me as we don't defend ours so vigorously. There are so many cases that can't go anywhere or police or businessmen get off on a regular basis.

However saying so we have to be vigilant and look out for our kids and family as police here will lock you up even when they know they don't have a good case and don't give too many blacks the benefit of the doubt.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Pursued him with a gun? You are a comedian...

Comment

He found himself in that predicament because the neighborhood was experiencing a crime wave and the neighborhood watch identified him as suspicious.... that is the evidence... the only thing actually relevant to this discussion...

Comment

How marijuana reach into this? A weh di?

Comment

You all are making me look like a genius...Zimmerman followed someone in his neighborhood that he found suspicious...nothing illegal about that...he obviously was well within his right to protect his life after he was attacked...pretty clear cut decision for the jury...everything else is just emotion...

Comment

Defend yourself against what exactly? Trayvon wasn't attacked...Zimmerman's weapon was concealed...come on man do better than that...

Comment

Against a creepy looking guy following you in the rain.

And how do you know Trayvon wasn't attacked?
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

So he was defending himself against creepiness? The evidence suggests that Trayvon was the aggressor...and was consistent with Zimmerman's story...

Comment

Brickie, you are no smarter or more objective than anyone.

There has been a major injustice. Recognise it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And you are are so right!

Indeed, when our own black people kill our own people we aren't nearly as concerned.

I understand the passion race brings to the equation still!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X