Just come back from sweet yard! But?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just come back from sweet yard! But?

Two weeks eating up Tastees, Juci beef patties, coco bread, Ackee, East Indian, Julian, otahiti apple, coconut water, hellshire fish, festival, oh, Cuban pastries in Miami airport, guava pastry! White cane, black cane, naseberry, callalooo, real Jamaican roast sweet potato, sweet potato pudding, curry goat, curry shrimp, even had a sow bow at Sugar and Spice, wasn't so good though! Just to name a few!

Assassin, I headed down to the heart of Jerk country, your neck of the woods, last time I was there me and about two football team of brethren went there in the mid 80's so I was really looking forward to getting the real but the place was totally different, pure shop and counter business, the customer and the food have been parted, the real jerk man dem not there any more.

Anyway I got sick as a dog for two days after Boston, the Arnold was not so fresh, what's the deal Assasin wha really happen in Boston, the whole food side totally change up, seem more commercial, no real slow cooked old style jerk cooking a gwan, one caveat is that the jerk festival was the same day, but I figured I would spend my money on the food, swim a little and avoid the crowd, well wrong move, I was shut down for two days straight, that really hurt!

Anyway ended the trip at the Pelican this morning with a real yard breakfast. Ended well!

No man a suh mi love the yard food, that is all I think bout when I plan a trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      Two weeks eating up Tastees, Juci beef patties, coco bread, Ackee, East Indian, Julian, otahiti apple, coconut water, hellshire fish, festival, oh, Cuban pastries in Miami airport, guava pastry! White cane, black cane, naseberry, callalooo, real Jamaican roast sweet potato, sweet potato pudding, curry goat, curry shrimp, even had a sow bow at Sugar and Spice, wasn't so good though! Just to name a few!

Assassin, I headed down to the heart of Jerk country, your neck of the woods, last time I was there me and about two football team of brethren went there in the mid 80's so I was really looking forward to getting the real but the place was totally different, pure shop and counter business, the customer and the food have been parted, the real jerk man dem not there any more.

Anyway I got sick as a dog for two days after Boston, the Arnold was not so fresh, what's the deal Assasin wha really happen in Boston, the whole food side totally change up, seem more commercial, no real slow cooked old style jerk cooking a gwan, one caveat is that the jerk festival was the same day, but I figured I would spend my money on the food, swim a little and avoid the crowd, well wrong move, I was shut down for two days straight, that really hurt!

Anyway ended the trip at the Pelican this morning with a real yard breakfast. Ended well!
      Yu get a werk wid Food Network
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

No man a suh mi love the yard food, that is all I think bout when I plan a trip.
        ok boss... noice way fi kip outa trubble...

An get fat
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yep, but Boston lick me out still, so me come back same weight.

Comment

If you read the forum you would see that the Best Jerk left Boston and is now in Buff Bay(some place in Port Antonio not so bad either). As can see we don't take our heritage serious and we jus a defend "hustling" and Boston has become a victim. The only reason anyone now go Boston for Jerk is because of the memory or the name. Sad case

It is sad to see. sorry it was that bad and got you sick mi brethren.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Food had to be real bad to knock out a man name "Stoni-gut"
              Peter R

Comment

Yuh did play any ball while here?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Bwoy, mi sorry mi Neva see that post. I miss that one. Anyway, suh it go, which part in Buff Bay, mi used to go to the primary school by the old church for an annual church fair back in the 70's and mi have some brethren that come from that side. The Fullers, all Rabalac massive.

Truly a sad case, pure hustling ah Gwan, mi guh a fishing beach about four or five days in a row trying to buy fish and ting and man the demand exceed the supply, pure fighting business as usual, the dread thing was pure small fish, everywhere you guh pure little fish, it seems we have hit the reef on this issue.

Comment

No, I really wanted to but the man them retire, it see the man dem as a group don't play ball no more. I told them one of my last wishes is that all of wi get together and play one big game again, dem say that nah happen, too much niggle and nah hole injuries, look like that ova. But I tell you nothing don't give me more pure enjoyment that playing ball, even today, except eating some good food.

Comment

Haha, good one Peter, you on top of it!

Comment

I am going to try and get the most current info for you and give you a contact to talk some ball and anything local.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Faiths Pen is another victim, overpriced and you get harassed from u drive up.

It is a pity, I used to love those two stops on family road trips.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Bwoy, mi sorry mi Neva see that post. I miss that one. Anyway, suh it go, which part in Buff Bay, mi used to go to the primary school by the old church for an annual church fair back in the 70's and mi have some brethren that come from that side. The Fullers, all Rabalac massive.

Truly a sad case, pure hustling ah Gwan, mi guh a fishing beach about four or five days in a row trying to buy fish and ting and man the demand exceed the supply, pure fighting business as usual, the dread thing was pure small fish, everywhere you guh pure little fish, it seems we have hit the reef on this issue.
                            That fish thing is a real problem. I remember going diving in the early 90's and asking the dive master where the fish them gone. He said that the reefs were fished out but that government was doing something to repopulate the reefs. I went back 10 years later and found that it was worse. I can only imagine what things are like now. Very sad. We nyam off the fish dem so till nuttin don' leave.
                            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Yuh bred fi search the archive for my Boston jerk pork post
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X