Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    You gave away Air Jamaica!
    ...you claimed there is no such thing as having an item on which there is a loss but one which attracts consumers to purchasing of other products that result in the realization of appreciable profit - ...i.e. loss leader - when accounting of total sales is done.

You said Air Jamaica is a stand-alone loser therefor screw all other direct associated sales/purchases...
    ...(screaming & weeping)---->RIGHT?
    Stop yuh foolishness Karl. Was Jamaica in a position to keep funding Air Jamaica? Furthermore many of who were weeping crocodile tears bout the sale of Air J didn't even travel on Air J.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Pass through the sunday before labor day and tech in Ambassadah Jerk Festival.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Move to POS.....I finally got a DIRECT flight to KIN, only 2.25 hrs.....rain a wash way a Ja. Good to be home.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Stop yuh foolishness Karl. Was Jamaica in a position to keep funding Air Jamaica? Furthermore many of who were weeping crocodile tears bout the sale of Air J didn't even travel on Air J.
          I have heard illogical arguments before...and the Air Jamaica (our own airline) being unaffordable is right up there at he top. We have a tourist industry that earns multi-billions of Jamaica dollars every year...has a trickle-down reach that has its tentacles in every nook of our island and with its various associations provides an extremely strong link in ensuring continued viability of those businesses/joined linkages of businesses and instead of strengthening the management of Air Jamaica you destroy and eliminate it under the guise that the country cannot afford it?

The truth is not that country cannot afford it but that the country cannot do without this 'loss leader'. The be country cannot afford to be absent of 'an Air Jamaica'.

Additional info - http://www.jtbonline.org/tourism_jam...utproduct.aspx

http://www.tourism.gov.jm/master_pla...e_summary.html
          Last edited by Karl; July 11, 2013, 10:40 PM.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X