Why we cannot get a direct flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we cannot get a direct flight

from Newark to Mobay? Every flight requires a stop for hours in Miami, North Carolina or Texas .... flipping Texas? So now our only option is to go to JFK. KMT.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

certain formites would let you know you live in "relative back water". LOL
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      certain formites would let you know you live in "relative back water". LOL
      Maybe, but please tell those forumites that potential tourists live in the 'relative back water.' If there is so much inconvenience to get a flight to Jamaica, might as well go some where with less hassle.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        from Newark to Mobay? Every flight requires a stop for hours in Miami, North Carolina or Texas .... flipping Texas? So now our only option is to go to JFK. KMT.
        That's because Newark is a backwater...what other reason could there be??
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

****!! Mi juss ah si dat yuh learn fi recognize yuh fellow backwater dem ...Gwaan Sass!!!!!!!!!!

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Well the airline industry likes to talk about "hub" and "spoke"... none of the airlines that use Newark as a hub see Mobay worthy of having its own spoke...

Lazie, what you could do is always take a two city holiday... fly to Ft Lauderdale say, spend a day or two with family, friends (go visit Karl or even Paul M.) then continue to JA... on the return spend a night downtown Ft Lauderdale (or whichever city you choose that has a direct connection to MoBay).

In other words, make the journey part of the trip.

The other thing you could do, is take the wife (or secretary, HL?) and spend the night on the town in NYC, go out for dinner, take in a show; make it part of the vacation... catch your flight next day!
            Peter R

Comment

Can go to HOTLANTA and spend a few days with HL & Sass. DL has direct to MoBay from ATL.

Lazie, the possibilities are endless
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Thank you MdemX... I hear Atlanta is nice this time of year
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post

The other thing you could do, is take the wife (or secretary, HL?) and spend the night on the town in NYC, go out for dinner, take in a show; make it part of the vacation... catch your flight next day!
                  Wi nuh too welcome nuh "Bridge n Tunnel" persons ova yah

Lazie affi apply fi visa fi come yahsuh ar jump dung ah di nex Atlanta backwata

Comment

Lazie affi apply fi visa fi come yahsuh ar jump dung ah di nex Atlanta backwata

Mout seh - it tek one backwater resident to identify anedda backwater place
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                      This must be a recent thing Lazie.

I recall having many direct flights from Newark into Montego Bay.

What I think is a pain in the ass is no direct flight out of Atlanta into Kingston. At least the last (and only time) i want a direct to Kingston, there was a stop over in Miami.
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It might be every backwater town that has potential tourists but is not every One that will get a direct flight to JA

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Since the recession a lot of change and the plane have cut many direct flights to make sure they can make load, by having hubs. We have a chance Delta may have direct flight to Kingston as they and Virgin just signed a big deal so it may cause more European flights coming to Atlanta and then branching off to places like Jamaica, Plus Southwest and Air Tran(I think it is) Merged too.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ouch

Comment

You gave away Air Jamaica!
                              ...you claimed there is no such thing as having an item on which there is a loss but one which attracts consumers to purchasing of other products that result in the realization of appreciable profit - ...i.e. loss leader - when accounting of total sales is done.

You said Air Jamaica is a stand-alone loser therefor screw all other direct associated sales/purchases...
                              ...(screaming & weeping)---->RIGHT?
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X