X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband shot dead ten hours after wedding

Husband shot dead ten hours after wedding

2013-07-09 13:24:44 | (0 Comments)

A wife is in mourning following the brutal murder of her husband, fewer than 10 hours after their wedding in the quiet community of Hart Hill, Portland.

Thirty-year-old Damion Cousins was shot twice by gunmen on his verandah, about 10:20 last night.

According to the police, Cousins was out dropping off family members who had attended the wedding when two men armed with guns stormed his home.

The police say the grandmother of Cousins and his wife were at home and the gunmen robbed them of laptops, cellular phones, jewellery, and an undetermined sum of money.

The gunmen then exited the house and the women reportedly thought they had left.
    But when Cousins returned he was shot and killed by the gunmen.

The police have taken a male suspect into custody.

It is the third murder in the parish since the start of 2013.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Ah bwoy! Rough.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

My neck of the woods too. Sad fi real, I am sure if I inquire I must know some of the family. Sad for real. We don't have a lot of those kind of things at all but a guess reality hitting home.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Know Hart Hill quite well - as I use to go by the Gray's (Mikey, Pauline, Sandra).
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Ok. Yeah man you know it good then. Most be the only murder in Hart Hill for a long time, like about 20-30 years.

Comment

strange circumstances...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              My neck of the woods too. Sad fi real, I am sure if I inquire I must know some of the family. Sad for real. We don't have a lot of those kind of things at all but a guess reality hitting home.
              I'm sure you may know the gunmen too
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Tragic...
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  I'm sure you may know the gunmen too
                  Strange statement big man unless you know them also. How you know they weren't from out of the district. Strange statement for you to make though.

Comment

Nothing meant by it but many times the old thieves and dutty murderers are the ones that you grew up with from youth days. Especially from a small district.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

OK..let's hear the back-story you are intimating.

Comment

A former brethren is doing time at GP. Dale got a 12-year sentence for importing guns hidden in motorcycle parts.
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

OK Boss. I get it. Tragic indeed. I guess nowhere is safe.

Comment

Possible if they come from the area, but not a lot of gunmen was there a bew years ago but thing may change. Funny that one of my friend called said his father passed away and burying in the that district tomorrow(he is in his 90s). Really sad to see what happen.

I will get the full hundred when he returns.

Comment

Well after dem rob the things, they should be long gone.
                              Why wait around (risky) so they can shoot the groom who returned later. Police could have been on the way, etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X