Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope , anything you say .
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It matters because I don't think there are too many jurors that are going to convict a man of murder if they believe him to be screaming for help.

Now if you are black and too poor to afford a half-decent lawyer then you better fret same way. Otherwise you should be safe.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not that black and white , why not put it in full context , jurors given the facts of pursuit with a gun by another ,minding his own business , then screams, while getting his ass kicked and kills the man.

Is that self defence,murder or manslaughter ? ....we will soon see .Thats why to me ,it is essential to highlight the pursuit at every oppourtunity.Prosecution is loosing it with this focus of screams and concrete.Not saying it doesnt have its place , but FOCUS !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You have to consider how people view gun ownership down here, we talking about Obamas "clinging to guns and religion" crowd. Carrying a gun is nothing unusual to them in that situation. I have been around people at my workplace talking about their AR-15 like it was a digital camera.

But maybe the prosecution did a better job with jury selection than they did with presenting the case. You never know.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Point taken , but pursuit is a mitigating factor that hasnt been exploited in my book.That to me its a universal factor which invokes fear.

Comment

Well they dealt with the pursuit extensively with the best witness they had, the girl on the phone with Trayvon. She made it clear that Trayvon was concerned about this "creepy ass" following him around. That is why I believe they still have a strong manslaughter case.

Comment

Not enough for me , let me give you an example .

Zimmeran best friend , who wrote the book ,who stated Zimmerman state of mind during the whole altercation should have been asked.

Did Zimmerman tell you he was in fear while pursuing MR Martin .

Why did he say he pursued Mr Martin after being told not to ?

Did he tell you he felt fear when he had his gun on him ?

Did he tell you he believed MR Martin was in fear while being pursued ?

Did he expect anything physical to happen while pursuing MR Martin with a gun ?

Pursue - gun - fear -confrontation...Any witness that comes up would get that same line of questioning to start , before I jump into screams, concrete and who was on top.

Yuh see mi ?

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  The best explanation I can come up with for the murder charge is public and political pressure. They must have known it was not a strong case given the evidence.

Aggravated manslaughter, if allowed, could still send him away for a while but I am concerned that the prosecution was so focused on making a case for murder that the less difficult case to prove may have slipped away from them as well. I really hope not.
                  Did he come out of his truck to murder Martin or to citizen arrest him?
                  The CNN commentators have been saying the prosecution is presenting like they want to throw the case.
                  Maybe they charged him with murder so that he could walk free?
                  Maybe they presented a bad case so that he could walk free?
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Them claim say he ended the pursuit, was on his way home and then Trayvon jumped on him.

That is his self-defense argument, but it makes no sense unless you believe Trayvon was a criminal who just hadn't committed the crime yet. If they believe that then Zimmerman will get off from even manslaughter.

Comment

Closings will tell you

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sometimes if you have a really good attorney they are as to tie it all up with the closing argument. Especially in a case where you don't have that one slam dunk witness or piece of evidence

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                          rest tomorrow and give case to jury.

I have a very bad feeling about this. The prosecution's case was very disappointing, weak witnesses for the most part, nothing very revealing in the way of forensic evidence. Very difficult to see them getting a murder conviction.
                          I think the prosecution presented a case that exposed many lies by Zimmerman and laid the basis for a telling closing argument...but I found the presentation 'flat'.

The defense put up a response that was much more spirited and had a thread of what I would call 'making an emotional connection' with all who were listening and watching.

It is somewhat like a debater losing not on facts presented but to superior eloquence. A making of the connection that has the judges not having supporting facts to support their given findings but finding tit-bits to justify the decisions.

I think, a diligent jury will find for the prosecution.

I hope the judge allows for manslaughter or Zimmerman will most likely walk free and that would be tragic. An unarmed youth doing nothing wrong is dead and it is his fault, that much we know for sure.
                          Aaaah boy!!!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X