Cops: We Won't Be Carfooled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops: We Won't Be Carfooled

"We understand when carpooling is being done, because it is being done by persons who are working legitimately," said Lewis, who added that drivers suspected of "running taxi" would have to provide evidence of where they work.
    So employment is a prerequisite to carpooling?

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    So employment is a prerequisite to carpooling?
    Yuh nuh see these people mek dem own laws.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

So, the authorities are impotent to do anything about it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

About robot taxis? According to them yes...I already told you that a robot taxi bounce my friend car right in front of a police officer and speed away...the officer seh dem stop run dem down cause they will mash up everything on the road to get away...yet dem going to now stop full cars and request proof of employment from the driver...

Comment

How dem so idle? Dem caan find time fi go after wanted men?
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

So Unemployed people can't carpool?

wouldn't that be a better case for carpooling?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

A group of unemployed people carpooling? whe dem a guh? bettin shop? beach?
                Peter R

Comment

luuk wuk

Comment

him a gwaan like man can't "bomb{ drive nu more. LOL
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Does it matter, as long as its legal???

Comment

This sounds unconstitutional.

Comment

That's the point... the law addresses the illegal operator, does it address the person who takes an unlicenced taxi? Is it against the law to stop a vehicle and ask the passengers if they are related? or know the driver? his name? That in itself is no proof of anything but likely an indication what you're dealing with...

If that is harassment then the police will have to work a little smarter and gather evidence against the illegal operator and then hit him hard. Others might think twice about operating an illegal taxi. Seems simple enough to me.
                          Peter R

Comment

How about simple video surveillance or some other simple technology? I mean an illegal taxi cannot operate where there are no people around, it has to be in a fairly public place.

Stopping people and asking them where they work and how they are related to the driver in order to catch illegal taxis is the heights of folly and stupidity.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

and if the same taxi making the same trip during the day you know more than likely it ain't carpooling.

Comment

Working...
                              X