Imagine it's cheaper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine it's cheaper...

..to fly via MIA, Panama, Curacao to get from POS to KIN than direct...not that its cheap as these are in 900USD range....
    Bring back Red Jet!!!!

that's what you get for living in South America

Comment

Lol...ok boss...but I can swim to Brazil for the World Cup...

Comment

How much a flight to England cost boss???

WOW!!!! and CAL claiming lost?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh get JFF interview?

Comment

Not qualified. Never score any World Cup goal.

Comment

... a downright shame and scandal... no wonder Caribbean people spen all dem money a farrin' ... I got my return flight to Toronto on Westjet for $520 INCLUDING ALL TAXES etc. Mind you, I might have to make a sandwich to carry to eat and pay for an extra bag (which I don't need) if t comes to that... had i booked sooner I would have paid less!

You should go to St. Anns (Trinidad) and ask the PM, any one of them, to include this on their agenda of the CARICOM heads meeting...

..and whn you travel between islands on CAL you don't get the same "perks" as to NA... shameful! all dem people who write foolishness bout living in South America don't really understand that in these times internal (Caribbean) tourism should not be ignored.

Anyway, mi a guh spen my dollahs (the few I have ) in Canada!
              Peter R

Comment

Wow isn't that a shame. Exile ignored my question for the price to London but how in god's name can a flight to Canada cost so much less?

Damn shame. These are the kind of things Caricom should be addressing.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I checked...if you want to fly CAL to London (Gatwick) next week and return in two weeks you have to shell out almost $1,920 US ...if you travel in September it runs about $1450 US return. To go JA and back in Sep runs about $600 US ... that is if you book now. That is still expensive IMO.
                  Peter R

Comment

thanks man. Expensive bad. So it maybe more expensive Jamaica than Canada.

Comment

Next yuh aggo seh fi bring back di money with the sign of di Lion pon it! LoL

Comment

Westjet seem to have less variation in their pricing... If I booked today to go to T.O. on on the same dates that I'm flying I'd pay $714, CAL is charging over $880 and change for the same dates. CAL does offer full in-flight service: meal and non-alcoholic beverages plus two 50lb bags in their fare. Having said that if I wanted to carry a surf board or a bicycle (in a bike box) on CAL I'd pay $100 to $150 extra... WJ only charges their regular cost for an extra piece of luggage, about $30.

For me, I travel light so one bag is good enough for me, I will make my sandwich, I'll pay for my drinks or crack open my duty free and I might just buy a new bicycle (which I have been contemplating) up north and bring it back with me... my loyalty is to my pocketbook.

What baffles me is why they (CAL) are still losing (so much) money? The re-structuring six years ago was to have laid off employees who were bleeding the airline and causing a drain on its resources, to streamline operations , etc. etc. and where are they now? practically no better off than six years ago!

It really boils down to corruption which is so endemic in these parts people stop seeing it! When people ask why police are evicting squatters when there are more pressing issues, I am reminded of how NYC cleaned up its act.... pay attention to the small things and the big things will begin to take care of themselves. Unfortunately, a man will STILL throw his beer bottle and KFC out his car window with a police car behind him and it's just par for the course!

In my 17 years in this country there has been absolutely NO FORWARD movement with respect to how people treat the environment (littering is a national pastime), drunk driving, how and where children (and people in general) cross the road, breaking red lights, a man running an industrial type operation in a residential neighbourhood, taxis stopping any old place, and the police only seem to be visible when there is some visiting dignitary or at Carnival, etc. etc. etc. etc.
                        Peter R

Comment

" It really boils down to corruption which is so endemic in these parts people stop seeing it! When people ask why police are evicting squatters when there are more pressing issues, I am reminded of how NYC cleaned up its act.... pay attention to the small things and the big things will begin to take care of themselves. Unfortunately, a man will STILL throw his beer bottle and KFC out his car window with a police car behind him and it's just par for the course! "

I will say it. People don't realize the damage they do and the fact that we give policy makers green light to do what they feel without review. WE think it is only at election time we count. One thing our business sometimes don't understand and that is if we charge 600 dollars we may actually get more people travelling to Jamaica and would put the profit up. I know CAL like Air J is losing money because everybody and their family as flying for free.

Now on some American airlines people not even accepting buddy pass anymore because you end up been stuck as the flights are fully and you may have to pay more than the original price.

I remember we use to have these big suitcases for the kids but now a light travelling for us.

Comment

Working...
                          X