RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BET Awards tun up wid a dancehall section!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you have to realize that music in general has evolved. Just like how you remember you use to listen to Lionel Richie, MJ and others? There is no doubt that the music nowaways don't sway me the way it did back then but part of the reason is you maybe listening to NPR, talk radio or watching TV in your car. The fact like R&B and many other genre right now, there are no superstars. I bet you listen to most of the 80s and 90 stuff and no longer a lot of orginal music. Tell me when last you buy a young artist music of any genre.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No Superstars Now??!

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      The fact like R&B and many other genre right now, there are no superstars.
      ‘Sass, you were making a lot of sense until you reached the sentence I quoted above. How can you say there are “no superstars” today? What would you call performers like Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Chris Brown, Nicky Minaj, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, etc.?

These people are no less than the “superstars” of yesterday, minus Michael Jackson and the Beatles, of course. There are still mega-selling superstars today, boss.

Comment

There are a few
        yeah TV superstar if you ask me. Rihanna and Beyoncé, and Bieber has transended their music genre but for Chris Brown, I still see him as an R&B star, but without the massive TV plug many of their music wouldn't be much.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

And what if they don't bring it to mainstream America? Why should we, or anyone else, be concerned about that??!

Dancehall chunes are best when they are honest to its base.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X