RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kinda of anti gang legislation dat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kinda of anti gang legislation dat?

Come on now. How can you charge people for "gangster Lyrics"

I thought that is what the Broadcasting Commission is for.

You want tell me "I shot the sherriff" ""Chase these crazy baldhead" couldn't be recorded?

Are they going to charge the foreign artist with there gangster lyrics?

What about gangster movie?

Is this gangster lyrics

"Down in my hometown
    Bad boy them juck mi down
    Rob me and beat me bad
    Dem a lick shot, mi a fi get flat
    Them a lick shot, but I am no ristocrat"

man can get 20 years for gang lyrics

While I support cleaning up the music, this is no way to do it.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Is this gangster lyrics

"Down in my hometown
    Bad boy them juck mi down
    Rob me and beat me bad
    Dem a lick shot, mi a fi get flat
    Them a lick shot, but I am no ristocrat"
    dat soun lika fryas lyrics
    Last edited by Don1; June 27, 2013, 08:04 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

A strategy to distract people's attention from their failure to reign in crime.
      Oh, just pray and everything will be alright.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

hell what about comic books and movies.. misguided intelligence. You cannot legislate morals and ethics... As long as it is not promoting hatred it comes down to good taste.

Comment

I Fully Share Your View

I fully share your views on this matter, ‘Sass. Censorship such as this is ridiculous, and as history has proved, totally unworkable. I could provide examples of similar attempts in other countries at censoring the music industry in order to correct perceived social problems. Every attempt ended in failure (I cannot, of course, speak for hermit-nation North Korea).

While I can understand the authorities briefly thinking it, to come out and actually state this strategy is a sure sign of blind desperation!

The more educated a society is, the less of an adverse impact violence lyrics will have!

Comment

them people a joka. you want tell me they couldn't come up with better legislation. A them same one going on stage at political meeting and talking about "gangster for life", "Boom Bye Bye" etc. Them should actually walk themselves in the jail cell first.

I thought we elect smart legislators to think through these things. They can't legislate people's lyrics, thought or creativity, they can monitor how it is been used and realize there is a thin like between censorship and people's right.

As you rightly say this kind of legislation is poor and will not work even if other good measures are in the bill.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well that is one of the main song that started gun salute in dances. so go figure.

Comment

Just remember the proverb ... "a drowning man will clutch at straw".
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Palliative...

Comment

To be precise it is advocating criminalizing those who use songs to promote or facilitate the “criminal activities of a criminal organisation”...so you can still talk bout shooting up a housing scheme and cutting the new born throat...but yuh can't biggup clansman or stone crusher or one order etc...that is my understanding...however...seeing as Gaza is now considered to be a gang by law enforcement...Kartel, Tommy Lee etc could be charged for bigging up Gaza in their songs...

Comment

So Bolt could be charge for doing a Gaza or Gully dance, whatever it is?

If them use that all Janet Jackson fi go a jail too. What is the Black Roses crew?

Also isn't shooting up a church etc. considered gangster behavior??

Stupid anyway them take it.
                      Last edited by Assasin; June 28, 2013, 12:09 PM.

Comment

dem moving from doing nothing to doing f c u k e r y

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          Well that is one of the main song that started gun salute in dances. so go figure.
                          any song persons love cyan kick off a splurt

even song bout Glamity... mi wudden kall dem deh gangsta lyrics doh
                          Last edited by Don1; June 28, 2013, 02:06 PM.
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

True but the only thing them hear inna the song was "lick shot" LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X