RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Wisynco Have A Proofreader on Staff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Wisynco Have A Proofreader on Staff?

http://www.wisynco.com/boom

WTPh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good Try, Brickie!!!

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      Let’s see (based on only my first reading):

“enterence” should have been “entrance”;
      “along side” should have been “alongside”;
      “Wisynco was proud to….” should have been “Wisynco is proud to….”;
      “Testemonials” should have been “testimonials.”

In addition, the next to last sentence can cause a bit of confusion when one relates it to the first sentence.

I’ll now comment on the so-called Customer Testimonials (lol):

1 “It’s” is not meant to be a contraction here, and so it should have been “its” (in both customer comments).
      2 “Young and old is grooving” ignores basic subject-verb agreement principles (it should have been “are”).
      3 “Of” or “on”?
      4 The word “earth” should have been “Earth”!
      5 “Wisynco” should have been “Wisynco’s”!
      6 “Maaad”???
      7 Now the “its” should have been “it’s”!
      8 “It mad”?

Bricktop, I strongly suspect that you deliberately created this so-called public relations release to give us an interesting thread on a boring day! I know about Jamaica’s pathetic results in CSEC English, but no Caribbean country could be this pathetic!! (Whenever you can find the time, check the docudrama “Broken Glass,” which relates the unsavory career of former journalist Stephen Glass.)

Creative effort, boss, and much respect!

Comment

Still Waiting on Brickie

Still waiting on Brickie’s confession! Trust me, this did not/ could not have come from Wisynco’s public relations department!!

As I suggested above and below, you are very creative, boss!

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        Let’s see (based on only my first reading):

“enterence” should have been “entrance”;
        “along side” should have been “alongside”;
        “Wisynco was proud to….” should have been “Wisynco is proud to….”;
        “Testemonials” should have been “testimonials.”

In addition, the next to last sentence can cause a bit of confusion when one relates it to the first sentence.

I’ll now comment on the so-called Customer Testimonials (lol):

1 “It’s” is not meant to be a contraction here, and so it should have been “its” (in both customer comments).
        2 “Young and old is grooving” ignores basic subject-verb agreement principles (it should have been “are”).
        3 “Of” or “on”?
        4 The word “earth” should have been “Earth”!
        5 “Wisynco” should have been “Wisynco’s”!
        6 “Maaad”???
        7 Now the “its” should have been “it’s”!
        8 “It mad”?

Bricktop, I strongly suspect that you deliberately created this so-called public relations release to give us an interesting thread on a boring day! I know about Jamaica’s pathetic results in CSEC English, but no Caribbean country could be this pathetic!! (Whenever you can find the time, check the docudrama “Broken Glass,” which relates the unsavory career of former journalist Stephen Glass.)

Creative effort, boss, and much respect!

Comment

So you really believe he built a multi-page website and included that Boom ting on it? Or he hacked the company site (NSA stylee) and slipped in that offending page?

Say it aint so Histy
          Last edited by Don1; June 28, 2013, 08:16 AM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Lol! Point taken

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            So you really believe he built a multi-page website and included that Boom ting on it? Or he hacked the company site (NSA stylee) and slipped in that offending page?

Say it aint so Histy
            I understand what you’re saying, Don1, and of course your point makes complete sense! Indeed, my respect for Brickie grew last night as I balanced in my mind the thought of him being a successful hacker on the one hand and, on the other, the thought that Wisynco actually released this online. Guess which thought won (lol)?

My problem is that I absolutely refuse to believe that Wisynco Group Ltd. could have put this out for the world to see. One error in spelling or grammar I could overlook, but so many errors?! Who wrote the copy, for heaven’s sake, one of the directors’ primary school children? If an adult wrote this, then the appropriate action would be to relieve him/her of any writing functions, and with immediate effect.

Compare that PR effort with this one for Bigga soft drinks. See the immense difference? While it is by no means error-free, the latter is nevertheless what one would expect from a major company.
            (http://www.wisynco.com/bigga/ )

In addition, it is my view that although the customer testimonials are direct quotes, some effort should have been made to adjust the spelling, etc. errors. I know I should ignore this minor situation, but it’s just that it leaves me incredulous. It is not only pathetic, it’s a national embarrassment!

See what happens when one smokes too much weed on the job, as in India?

Last edited by Historian; June 28, 2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

ok boss
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Alls they needs to do are to use a refrance book! Cho! I's goin and apply far the provereeder pusishon.
                Peter R

Comment

never underestimate a good Munro education.

Comment

OMG, Mickey mouse Amateur hour bizniz!

Comment

Not just the spelling, the testimonials are just gauche! So over the top that they seem planted. Totally lacking credibility.

Comment

Working...
                      X