Calgary flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calgary flooding

Any forumite up in Calgary? If so, just wondering how you are doing. Hold firm!!
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

its funny how lucky we are in Jamaica.. i was in Portland the other day and they told me it rained tree day straight and their was some landslide and road wash out but nothing that i am seeing in calgary with billions of infrastructure yet the entire downtown was flood out. How is it possible yet we take so much for granted.

Comment

May, I ask where in Portland? (I am a Portlander). During flood rains you don't want to be in the interior areas of West Portland and even in the East areas like Rio Grande/Berrydale; Moore Town etc.
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Portland, Oregon? LoL

Comment

There are Forumites who don't know you are from Portland?!

So you saying you don't want to be in Portland period when it rains, because Portland only has east and west!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It simple. In Portland, you want to build your house a little bit away from the beach. It is better to walk to the beach. Don't build your house on any flat land that is below the road level and don't even think about the Rio Grande Valley(It is nice but if road breakaway I am sorry for you). Rivers oftenly break their banks so be mindful of that too. There are some people who are used to been flooded at least once a year and they just pick up, dry out and gone again.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              There are Forumites who don't know you are from Portland?!

So you saying you don't want to be in Portland period when it rains, because Portland only has east and west!

As long as you know, we kool
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
              X