RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exile please take a look at this article article.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exile please take a look at this article article.

I have been saying it for sometime on this board but this has made an in depth presentation of what's really going on. It's an open secret that when some students do graduate courses they find out from their professors that they were being mocked in courses such as calculus and others.One professor told me that they had to lie to students and give them a crutch to lean on.

Here:http://www.maa.org/devlin/LockhartsLament.pdf

I personally enjoyed his imitation of Galileo's dialogue but I detect a tinge of bias. Overall well said though. Hopefully the church (the teacher's body in the US in this case) will not take action.

Will hv to read...read first 6 pages and then scanned..think I got the gist...

Comment

I actually know someone who is a comp sci major and math minor. The person is supposed to participate in a research stint with household name tech corp from the US. Their requirement is a A in course that deals with sets and relations, proofs and some other discrete math.If no A no participation. I commented that they had zero interest in one's calc grade. They know what time it is.

Comment

yeah man same thing I did at first. When you have time sit back and read. He is touching on a serious piece of truth. Matter of fact Bloomberg has now installed some high schools within the cuny system. Here students see Professors early in math and science (saving some). They will literally graduate high school with an associates. This may also explain why some nations may pass exams and have good stats but the US still leads in creativity (patents et al). Yuh tink ah Glenmuir alone ah boost numbers? Ah whole nation ah do dat

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
          This may also explain why some nations may pass exams and have good stats but the US still leads in creativity (patents et al). Yuh tink ah Glenmuir alone ah boost numbers? Ah whole nation ah do dat
          Nice side swipe at the Chinese.

My little advice to you, don't watch the present numbers, watch the trend. I thought a mathematician like you would be able to appreciate that.

But alas!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo, throw mi corn mi nuh call nuh fowl
            so now I'm a mathematician? Can't recall making such claim. It's better you call me "The eternal learner" (thanks Prof.Simoes)

Comment

But yuh nah learn nutten! Look from when wi a wait pon yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well Jawge...

Have you ever heard this before, "make it interesting"?
                ...that of course, means it must be relevant to...life...the kids' lives present... present continuous!!!!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The US has certainly been very creative at finding new ways to borrow money from the Asians. Over US$ 2 trillion and counting.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

interesting read so far'...

Comment

Didnt i tell you that in Chengdu, the Chinese shcool system is old, one highschool being 2,500 years old without a break.

Innovative curriculum. On third of the time, its traditional student/teacher, one third, Teacher only observe the student discourse and the last third dem kick out the teacher and its just the students alone!

Comment

Working...
                      X