Wasn't George Phillip black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't George Phillip black?

Didn't a few bad minded, red eye miscreants posit on this noble website that Butch Stewart doesn't have black people in management positions?

Maybe now that that great BLACK man is dead Butch doesn't have any more black people in management positions...!!???

some people need dem head examine

BAD MINE A GUH KILL DEM
    AN ENVIOUS IT A GUH MAD DEM..............

I had said something like that, but I know Butch does have a few black people in management positions. In fact, some of his key hotel managers are black. But his board at the time when I worked there certainly was lily-white with the one black man, a childhood friend of Butch, on his way out.

Additionally, I know some other white managers on Butch's team that hardly qualify for their lofty positions.

It's his company. He can do what he wants. And it's a free country, so I can say what I want, badmind or not.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      I had said something like that, but I know Butch does have a few black people in management positions. In fact, some of his key hotel managers are black. But his board at the time when I worked there certainly was lily-white with the one black man, a childhood friend of Butch, on his way out.

Additionally, I know some other white managers on Butch's team that hardly qualify for their lofty positions.

It's his company. He can do what he wants. And it's a free country, so I can say what I want, badmind or not.
      I missed that comment on Butch...but, it would have been a strange one as Butch is black...and, Eric Bell who worked along with him for some considerable time is a black man....and, so many in management positions in his organisations are black.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

But seriously Mosiah it is grossly inacurate to say so.

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

The VAST majority of his boards, in all his companies are people of colour.

Comment

I think otherwise. I knew all of ATL's board members. I knew some of SRI's managers. And whenever they showed Air Jamaica's management team, it seemed to me that Butch was being quite consistent. Many, if not all, were Jamaican, but white or near-white nonetheless.

I worked with the group a long time ago so things might have changed.

People of colour - what does that mean? Really?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The problem is that many people of colour do not identify with black people.

So even though they MAY be black in your eyes, they may consider themselves otherwise. The whole thing is a backward mentality anyway, because there is no reason to think that white is superior or that black is inferior...OR VICE-VERSA.

This lust for trying to be "special" is much of the present reason for the sad state of affairs that we call the human condition.

Comment

Hence my question - who are "people of colour"? Look, Karl describes Butch as being a black man. The only other black man I know whose offspring look very white is Michael Jackson!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X