Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayor Brown Burke apologises for offensive tweet
    Thursday, May 02, 2013 | 12:40 PM

KINGSTON, Jamaica - Mayor of Kingston Angela Brown-Burke has apologised for comments made on social network Twitter Wednesday evening after coming under harsh criticism.
    The tweet sent out by the ruling People’s National Party (PNP) vice president said, “What the F. All angles has Holness, Direct has Audley both discussing the IMF and Jamaica’s economic future. How biased can media be?”

1/1
    It’s the use of the ‘F’ bomb that many of her followers, and others who saw it being republished took offense to, commenting that they expected better of politician who holds several high-profile posts.
    Brown-Burke today tweeted, “For those who were offended by my tweet. Let me apologise unreservedly”.
    She added in another tweet “The discussions last night on all angles and direct needed to have some balance. And this is not an attack on the media. Just my view

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2S9v1S9Ps
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Does he make ANY contribution other than mouthing off?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well him say is a waste of time fe teach Jamaicans nutten until dem get educated.

Classic Jawge reasoning.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
        X