Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston Mayor Gets Flak Over 'F' Tweet

Damion Mitchell, Editor - Radio & Online

Mayor of Kingston, Angela Brown-Burke faced a heavy backlash on social media last night after a controversial tweet was posted from her handle accusing the media of being biased.

"What the F." the tweet read. "All angles has Holness, Direct has Audley both discussing the IMF and Jamaica's economic future. How biased can media be?"

All-Angles is a current affairs programme aired on Television Jamaica and Direct, a similar programme aired on CVM TV.

The tweet drew widespread criticism from social media followers last night some of whom broadcast a screen shot of the message.

"So ladylike," @RebelSteve tweeted in a sarcastic response.

Another follower @jdervan62 weighed in: "@brownburke bouy I just cyaa believe a comrade calling the media bias,".

Contacted last night, Garfield Burford, the executive producer and host of Direct, said requests were made for Government spokespersons to sit on the programme, however, they declined saying the notice was too short.

The producer of All Angles could not be reached this morning, but host Dionne Jackson-Miller said, usually, another guest is not invited on the programme with the Opposition Leader or the Prime Minister.

She noted, however, that more than a year ago, a request was made for Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller to sit on All Angles.

Jackson Miller said the request was renewed several times but there has been no favourable response.

Meanwhile, there was also harsh criticisms for PNP North West St Ann MP, Dr Dayton Campbell who last night also suggested that the media were biased.

"Hon. Andrew Holness on All Angels and Audley Shaw on Direct. Something nuh right!" he tweeted.

Campbell, in a series of exchanges with his followers insisted that the Prime Minister or the Finance Minister should have been invited on the programmes.

"Apparently the country will be fixed by those who hog the media n have all the solutions while in opposition. #Demand ans fr people leading!" he tweeted.

That tweet irked some of Campbell's followers.

@DMarcAnthony retorted: "The same arrogance that brought down JLP will bring down PNP. how quickly the people power went up into smoke of platitudes,".

give the woman a break. Them nuh have more important thing to do. She choose not to spell out the word.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I am sure if she were to write out the word it would be "Fornication". I don't see the big deal here.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Herself, Dayton Campbell & Crawford are making fools of themselves on twitter over the last couple of months..."educated" people cyaan so stupid...

Comment

Crawford still a shell dung di place? Maad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Who cares about the "F"...what is incredulous to me is that the PNP are complaining about not being given equal access to media interviews...the same PNP who is barricading themselves behind a bag of lame excuses why they won't talk to the press...

Comment

That is exactly the point.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                Who cares about the "F"...what is incredulous to me is that the PNP are complaining about not being given equal access to media interviews...the same PNP who is barricading themselves behind a bag of lame excuses why they won't talk to the press...
                .... poof!!!! Mosiah has left the room.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

maybe one of the colours were left out in the tweet. I really don't know; you guys (JLP) seem to be the resident experts on trivialities these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                    maybe one of the colours were left out in the tweet. I really don't know; you guys (JLP) seem to be the resident experts on trivialities these days.
                    ... another dentist visit this morning?
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

So when last Nanny P do a sit-down interview with the media?

Oh me forget, big track meet a stadium Saturday.

Priorities, priorities.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I have a better one. Join the PNP and see if you can become party president then PM. You then see who had vision from who didn't (throw in intellectual curiosity too).

Comment

Mi wi get yuh di Vuvuzuela and yuh go fine di truck back fi jump up innah.

I tell yuh bwoy.

Comment

LOL. I think you are far more suited to join the PNP.

I make my contribution through other institutions. Thanks for the invite though.

Comment

Who was the one complaining? Me or a PNP mayor, an MP and a Minister?

Comment

Working...
                              X