Never coming back! Jamaican vows never to return to homeland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never coming back! Jamaican vows never to return to homeland

Never coming back! Jamaican vows never to return to homeland after husband murdered while on vacation

Published: Friday | April 19, 2013 62 Comments

Marcia Bennett holds a picture of her husband who was shot and killed in Spanish Town last week.

Nedburn Thaffe, Gleaner Writer
    A JAMAICAN woman who has been living in England for some 14 years has vowed never to return to her home country following the brutal murder of her husband in Spanish Town last week Tuesday morning.
    The couple was in Jamaica on vacation and was visiting relatives.
    "I don't think I am coming back, I don't think so. I don't know if after I go through the ordeal what will happen, but I don't think so," 44-year-old Marcia Bennett told The Gleaner on Wednesday.
    Bennett who resides in Croydon, England is upset that, since the murder, there has be no mention of it on any public platform.
    SHODDY POLICE WORK
    On top of that, she has taken issue with how detectives at the Spanish Town Police Station treated the incident when it was first reported.
    "It happened right in Spanish Town, and nothing came on the news. The police did not even swab my hand to find the man's DNA and he held me. They not even checked my clothes."
    She recounted that, shortly after 8:00 on the morning of the shooting, she and husband, 61-year-old Barrington Bennett, were walking to their gate in the Highfield community. She said, on reaching a section of the community, they noticed two men walking with buckets in their hands "as if they were going to work."
    "While we were there walking, they turned back, but we didn't know what was happening. Then they just threw the bucket on the ground and seh 'give me weh you have'."
    "By the time they said 'give me weh you have', the big man hold me and the little one who had the gun held my husband and took his wedding band off and took the phone. When they searched his pocket, they found out he didn't have no money," Bennett said.
    'SHOT the BWOY'
    The British resident said while her husband was being robbed by "the younger man", the one who appeared to be in his 30s held her and gave all the commands.
    "The big man then said shot the bwoy because him have no money."
    She added that the youngster pressed the gun to the side of her husband and fired a single shot before the two ran off.
    "I screamed so much and nobody helped. People were walking on the road, people were in their yard looking. When everything was over, they said they couldn't come out because they were afraid they come back for them."
    "I didn't know Jamaica was like this," she lamented.
    Bennett was taken to the Spanish Town Hospital and died three days later at the Cornwall Regional Hospital.
    nedburn.thaffe@gleanerjm.com

Originally posted by Exile View Post
    When everything was over, they said they couldn't come out because they were afraid they come back for them."
    "I didn't know Jamaica was like this," she lamented.
    Yes, deary, Jamaica is like this.

And we talk about cctv being all over downtown Kingston?!? We can't even use fingerprints effectively!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Its a free for all.

Comment

Who needs fingerprints when Babylon ready fi supply facial recognition and behaviour analysis technology??....woooiiee mi belly!!
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

What dem need is two Robot fi ah patrol.. instead a pickup passengah !

Comment

yuhzimi!!!!!!!!!!!! Now yuh tawkin'
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Hopeless society with no solutions, "island of music & murder".
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
              X