Has Beverly Hall been crucified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Beverly Hall been crucified?

As I watch the news last night, I notice a few things.

The educators turning themselves in and checking out are all black.
    Most held their heads high, they didn't speak to the press but said it was because of gag order.

Hall bail was set at 7.5 million dollars and not even murders are set at that. It was later reduce to 200,000 dollars.

She is charge with racketeering and heading a group of for illicit gain, RICO, the same thing they charge mobsters with.

I am not sure if she is guilty of any charges but it seems somewhat heavy handed but I am not surprise here in Atlanta.
    Last edited by Mosiah; April 3, 2013, 09:17 AM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Well, wouldn't they be black? It's Atlanta afterall!

I know though, the punishment for conviction seems harsh - 45 years! And yes, bail at 7.5 million!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No Mo they have a lot of White teacher and Atlanta and Fulton county have some of the richest neighbourhood in the the region.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Somebody may be after her for some other reason.

The RICO laws started out as being for mobsters but they have been used in all sorts of situations. They have used it the Catholic sex abuse scandal for example, as well as on Wall Street. Generally they apply it when they REALLY want to put you away for a long time.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I think they may have overzealous DAs down here. I can't forget the case of a brethern who I grew up with. He was a "brinks" guard. They charge him for robbery. They said his motive was to pay his mortgage that was behind.
          The lawyer tell him to plea for a lesser charge and he said no.

He got away because he quashed their motive as his house went into foreclosure and they found that one of the other guards lied on him. He basically had to go the stand and speak for himself.
          Not long after the trial his lawyer joined the then DA as an assistant.
          This guy lost so much.

Also have another brethren who going through a little thing now, not that big but they pretty much tried to get him and I don't think they have any case while he pays his money to lawyer even though he is unemployed.

Comment

The Atlanta case is a microcosm of the entire US, I do not expect to see school superintendents from ALL the states being rounded up, what did Hall do differently?
            Why are the children of the nation collectively failing, that sounds like a curriculum issue.If that is the case(without worthwhile changes),the only way to pass it to cheat.
            It seems she is deemed blameworthy because she was vigorous when that is distinguishing attribute that is welcomed.
            I do not think Hall sat down by way of mental telepathy and conveyed to teachers that they should cheat, so it becomes a question of was she aware and when?
            My guess is principals can be faulted too just like her,they have to be the nexus.
            I have not heard from the teachers' union, and that is strange.

Comment

We don't have teacher's union in most School district in Georgia.

Comment

Darn, lucky DA.

Comment

Working...
                X