Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning Spear Gets a Big Check from Studio One

Royalty Check from Studio One

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

That "check" is like what a man put pon yu in ice hockey! ouch!
    Peter R

Comment

Tis is for what? one months royalty or just from a one off use of his work? Don't tell me this the only check Spear get from Studio One. It say he got 37% for his writing, maybe the music wasn't his and the other credits had to go to others including the producer.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assassin, I assume that Studio One doesn't write cheques in US $$... $245 JA??? , seriously...
        Peter R

Comment

Probably US...and it's for the financial quarter...

Comment

Studio One is mainly base in the US now. It could be in US dollars, I wouldn't assume Peter R. Even in US it is small but I would like to know how this come about. It is possible he could get another check the next week as other people pay royalities to Studio one.

I recently got a royalty check for 21 dollars but it was from a specific source, all I am saying is we shoudn't take this as the end of it without knowing the story. Least I would like to hear is Burning Spear side of the story.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

True thing... we don't really know the full story, so assumptions should be minimised... my bad; and I suppose with $245 US I could take the wife out for a half-decent meal
              Peter R

Comment

Yes we do...Burning Spear is the one who posted the royalty check...he said it's for one financial quarter...

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                  Royalty Check from Studio One

This letter
                  is crap.

A "business" document with no letter head, no date, no signature, the salutation and ending is not professionally done...

waste of time...
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

For the total body of his work with studio one? Or is this for one specific piece of work?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

This would just be with his work for studio one that is actively been played or used currently. As Bricky say this look more like for the quarter. Spear have at least 5 more labels to collect royalties from and all those checks should be bigger than Studio One as the bigger labels usually have the rights for their songs. Spear better days was with Jack Ruby, Island Record, Burning Music(his own) HeartBeat, and EMI.

Spear also accused Ernie B a distributor out in Cali for pirating his music he distributed through him.

Comment

If you listen to these radio stations it doesn't take long before you realize they play the same handful of songs the whole day despite segment changes.
                        What really ***** me is how is the remaining 63% appropriated? He is getting his dues from HIS labour.
                        Top a de afternoon to you,gamma.

Comment

Tap a di afternoon to you Sir Rockman

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                            This letter
                            is crap.

A "business" document with no letter head, no date, no signature, the salutation and ending is not professionally done...

waste of time...
                            HL, If you look a little closer it looks as if they've only reprinted the part of the letter that has relevant text (at least that's how I see it); anyway, the only thing that should matter is whether the cheque is good or not
                            Peter R

Comment

Those were my thoughts as well, probably scanned with blank paper over the parts that they did not want to make public.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X