• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four confirmed dead in Falmouth crash

UPDATE: Four confirmed dead in Falmouth crash

Published: Tuesday April 2, 2013 | 8:13 am 0 Comments

Leaon Nash, Gleaner Writer

A family of four from Content in St James is dead as a result of a motor vehicle accident on the Martha Brae overpass near Falmouth yesterday evening.

Dead are Rodney Drummond, his children Tia and Ronesha and their mother Tanesha.

Reports are that the family was coming from a motor race and was heading west some minutes before 8 o’clock last night in a Nissan Sunny vehicle when the father lost control of the vehicle and hit a Coaster bus going in the opposite direction.

The vehicle then hit a Toyota Fortuner, got airborne then landed on a Honda CRV.

The senior Drummond and his common-law wife died on the spot while the children were pronounced dead on reaching the Falmouth Hospital.

An eyewitness told our news centre that a Nissan motorcar overtook a line of traffic and collided into a minibus heading in the opposite direction.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

DAMN: Was he driving like he was in the motor race?
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Maybe them should ban motor racing in Jamaica.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Every Easter Monday, these crazies find a way to crash either before them reach the motor race, or after them leave. What's with the adrenaline.
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Wannna beees
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

My one big fear in JA is how fast people drive... if yuh see a man driving fast in T&T it's probably Exile... LOL . But seriously people drive fast and overtake ( to gain what? five minutes between Spanish Town and Ocho Rios ) for no earthly reason other than impatience and maybe likker in dem head.

And here I am thinking of doing Jamaica by bike...
            Peter R

Comment

Took my in-laws to visit Jamaica for the first time last year.

They said the only thing they did not like about the country was the driving:

My friend who lived in the US for most his life, decided to go backto Jamaica with his wife. They built a very nice house in Silversands Duncans, Trelawny and eventually returned ~ 5 years ago.

This September will be 3 years since he was killed in a moto-vehicle accident near Falmouth. ~~gulp~~
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                My one big fear in JA is how fast people drive... if yuh see a man driving fast in T&T it's probably Exile... LOL . But seriously people drive fast and overtake ( to gain what? five minutes between Spanish Town and Ocho Rios ) for no earthly reason other than impatience and maybe likker in dem head.

And here I am thinking of doing Jamaica by bike...
                Wish he could be given a good arse whipping even in his present state. Damn eediat, overtaking a long line of traffic!!
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

This is normal Jamaican driving MdmeX.

I recalled been over taken--while overtaking another vehicle!!!!

HL

Comment

sad know the family.

Comment

I make sure I stay far from the Dover crowd when I go to St. Ann to my chalet on holiday weekends. Spectators at Dover all feel dem is Doug Gore to rahtid!

Sad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

SAD fi real, and to know that the two children were living with the grandmother and only came by during the holidays.
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

....and with all this, the local driving will not improve. The police will still be unable to enforce the speeding and road safety laws.

"Oh Land of my birth!!"

HL

Comment

Working...
                          X