RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to profile the killer of Diane Smith.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to profile the killer of Diane Smith.

It likely was someone that is comfortable being in that community, there really no explanation for any transients to be present..
    The person was at least five years her senior at that time because the crime ended with a murder(rape becoming murder is unlikely an act of a juvenile,especially one living there) and obviously the person was sexually active(the STD).
    It is unlikely the perpetrator was married at the time or even had a job, the disease is easily detected (by males) and treated, especially at that time with the advent of over the counter black and red pills.I would say the age of the killer at the time was between 19 and early twenties.
    Maybe the police should have bruited the news of the STD, it would have jived the memory of a girlfriend that eventually had to seek treatment,he too was eventually treated.
    Because that case was unsolved and a murder was committed, the killer likely was accused (after the incident) of 'borderline rape' and domestic violence,both likely reported to the police.
    Fast forward to today, that person is a proverbial underachiever, one that shows bad judgement, Vaz likely isn't the culprit.
    Have a stab at it too, as I speak with NO authority.
    Last edited by Rockman; March 31, 2013, 04:02 PM.

The question I have is why is Vaz a suspect in the first place..

Comment

That is a most pertinent question.

The rumours were vicious and widely believed...

Comment

If this is true then this is a travesty and it should not have taken this long to be made public.

Ironically, at the time the murder was committed, I was residing/attending school at the Miami-Dade Community College in Florida. I returned to Jamaica after the incident, with my now ex-wife to live in Jamaica.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2PAn5DlSq
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not to mention this
          "There is absolutely no evidence to connect him (Vaz) to the case," said Retired Assistant Commissioner of Police Isadore 'Dick' Hibbert, the top detective who helped to lead the investigations 30 years ago.
          "In fact, his name was never called at any time during the intense investigations started in 1983 and I am very puzzled as to why he was subsequently associated with this murder," Hibbert told the Sunday Observer. "Whenever we were investigating a case, we looked into everything, including rumours, to find leads. The name Daryl Vaz just didn't come up at all
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I seems there were 2 assassinations, the unfortunate girl and DV's reputation!

The real killer seems to have safely gotten away.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              Not to mention this
              .... and to think there are those here that spoke about it as if they knew about Vaz's involvement in this. Oh boy!
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

they are missing.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I bet that some will continue to insist that what they claim they knew has validity. A lot of people have invested a lot of emotion in believing Vaz did this, they will not change no matter what the evidence shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    I bet that some will continue to insist that what they claim they knew has validity. A lot of people have invested a lot of emotion in believing Vaz did this, they will not change no matter what the evidence shows.
                    Yeah, we all kinow thats how Don1 stay.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lol, me Neva call nuh name. The question is why it took so long to get this out?

I understand ignoring a rumor so as not to perpetuate it but this got way past that a long time ago.

I agree with Rockman that someone of privilege was likely involved. But who knows.

Comment

People nuh easy, mi have a schoolmate, who when she talk about it, you would think she saw Vaz committing the crime.

Wikkidness..........
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

I used to believe it too until I got a new theory a few years back that seems to make sense of it all.

I wont repeat publicly on an open forum, as we have been assaulted with enuff rumours about this over the years.

Comment

So who did it? Was it the Butler?
                            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                              The question I have is why is Vaz a suspect in the first place..

check Don1. he has all the answers on this...

Comment

Working...
                              X