Jawge must be the President of the Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge must be the President of the Club

"There is in this country, alas, a moated tower of mediocrity, close and unassailable, and it holds such sway, it has acquired such a body of mediocre opinion about it that it is useless to try to make a dent in its smugness, and its exclusiveness, and its indifference to anything that does not come entirely within its limited scope and compass and influence."

-Roger Mais

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...kwardness_.asp

Next time Scaly ask you how the PNP get 4 terms and every time I see Jawge and Karl post dem defense of the indefensible I going to remember the above quotation.

Karl seh di PNP is the best of two evils.. then we si dis kind of ting going on at UWI:

"The body has no head

The UWI Mona Math Department cannot find itself, nor can it summon the will to appoint a person to head it. Information has come to me that at the present time the powers that be are involved in frustrating another bright and superbly qualified recruit.
    As I understand it, Dr Jonathan Farley, an African-American, graduated summa cum laude from Harvard University in 1991 with the second highest GPA in his graduating class. He scored 29 'A's and three 'A-'.

Professor Farley took his doctorate in Math from Oxford University in 1995 after winning its highest Math awards. But the professor was not just an egg head fit only for the classroom. Recently he solved a problem posed by MIT professor Richard Stanley that had remained unsolved since 1981.

He also solved a problem in 'transversal theory' (posed by Rado) that had remained unsolved for 33 years. If that was not enough, he also solved a problem from the Banff Conference on Graphs and Order that had remained unsolved for 22 years. Dr Farley is the real deal. In 2005, Seed Magazine named him as one of 15 people who have shaped the global conversation about science.

As I understand it, the 2004 agreement when Dr Farley was appointed as a professor of Mathematics at UWI Mona Campus in 2006 was that once he joined the faculty, the UWI Mona campus intended to ask him to assume headship of the department. Two years later, he is still there, and somehow the department feels justified to be limping along like a headless chicken."

Karl feels justified that Jamaica keep limping along like a headless chicken. Him seh best of two evils.. I say:

"indifference to anything that does not come entirely within its limited scope and compass and influence."

Maudib you are being unfair in your characterization

I believe that it took a special type of incompetence on the PNP’s part to get Jamaica where it is now. I see no mediocrity there!!......

Comment

Working...
    X