Don1,the All Angles program on the sucess stories and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don1,the All Angles program on the sucess stories and

challenges facing a few of the non-traditional high schools was finally aired a few days ago.

Check it out at:

http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Pro...x/Videos/25100

Some good work being done by some of these young principals. Dem nuh get cream of the crop students but them working with what them have and getting results.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Glad that we see the role the principal have to play. Lot of community involvement needed in some of these schools.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes, if the leadership is not there no progress will be made. What I like is the attitude that these young principals have working under VERY difficult conditions. They are not waiting on Ministry to solve everything as they know that they alone cannot do it.

Wish we had about 300 of these principals. These are the schools that give us the real measure of the state of education in Jamaica.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Noice!! It seems all is not lost for JA education. Leadership is key

It is schools like those featured that really hold the key to improving the system...not the so called traditional schools with relatively nuff resources and better quality student intake

The Ministry should study these schools (get some university to assist) and develop a "best practices" program....migrate that over time to other schools
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
        X