X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmers cheated as Kingston exporter goes MIA

This is why crime and violence can't stop! Fiyah bun fi dis thief

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...eated_13870023
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

There we go again. Does this thief have a name?.

Comment

Some piece of big S-H-I-T - hence they won't publish the name. If it was someone deemed a "wutliss dutty bwoy", certainly the name would be all over the place.
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
        Some piece of big S-H-I-T - hence they won't publish the name. If it was someone deemed a "wutliss dutty bwoy", certainly the name would be all over the place.
        I suspect so. Between the so-called newspaper rags, the police, and the politicians, the public has been failed again. Like you said, "this is why crime and violence can't stop".

Comment

The public also fail themselves to take action and be the safeguard.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            The public also fail themselves to take action and be the safeguard.
            You think so?. Well give that thief 5 minutes in a room with those angry(for good reasons) farmers and you would see who have the last laugh, sorry I meant the last cry.

Comment

Are exporters registered in the country, aren't references checked, due diligence etc. Farmers got ripped off the other day when they gave a con man hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy fertilizer from a phony company in India.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

yeah they will do that but I am talking about by playing a bigger role in holding the politicians accountable and even better organizing themselves that buyer can't take advantage. I read yesterday where Cocoa board also owe farmers for one year now accross the island. How can these guys continue to contribute when they can't get their sales to turn over. They still have to pay property tax and replant.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  yeah they will do that but I am talking about by playing a bigger role in holding the politicians accountable and even better organizing themselves that buyer can't take advantage. I read yesterday where Cocoa board also owe farmers for one year now accross the island. How can these guys continue to contribute when they can't get their sales to turn over. They still have to pay property tax and replant.
                  I know. Even the entities that we expect to protect the farmers are stealing from them. I wonder how the public would react, if the farmers decide to take the law in their own hands?.

Comment

Farmers need to get serious, cut government and politicians out for a little, sit down and talk about how they are going to protect their interest and demand it from the state.

Minister upon ministers can't solve the stealing of their goods, one way or another. They have to take some action, not to block roads or kill anybody but some serious action is needed.

Comment

I remember that one too.

Mi tiad fi lick mi head, to come up wid a solution! R-A-$-$ bwoy!
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Back in 2008 I asked a friend who was doing some farming in St.Ann "why you don't export" and he told me I rather selling to the hotels. The money smaller but you sure of it. He told me that the middlemen as in this case usually rip off the farmer and you can't get your money.

They maybe registered in the states but they get middlemen to buy up stuff from the farmers but it seems that the background checks are not follow through by the people who should or proper polices are needed.

Comment

When Roger Clarke said he gave up farming due to larceny, what will the small farmers do? (rhetorical question)
                          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

We too gullible when foriegner come to buy our stuff or do business with us. We just give them a pass if them talk proper English or some foriegn language or if them live abroad fi a little while.

research should be done and some of the payment must be upfront.

Comment

Dem never hear of escrow yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X