• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Director of Elections - quiet efficiency

Requesting birth certificates of voters would bring challenges
    — Fisher

Alicia Dunkley-Willis
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A significant number of Jamaicans would be robbed of the right to vote if Parliament were to change the law to request would-be voters to produce a birth certificate as proof of age to register, according to Director of Elections Orette Fisher.

The declaration was made during yesterday's sitting of the Parliament's Public Accounts Committee (PAC) at which members supported a recommendation made by Auditor General Pamela Monroe-Ellis for the ECJ to get legal advice on the extent to which it can request proof of age from would-be voters, pointing to inadequate age verification procedures used by the Commission. The auditor general said she made the recommendation "from a point of risk" following her review of the Information System of the Electoral Commission of Jamaica.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2NPJwhY16

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I did not read the full piece (so maybe the answer was further down....)

Question: what [are] the verifying documents that a Jamaican voter need-- to qualify to vote?

Thanks in advance.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I don't know the answer to tht question. I have been registered for a while now.

Note the quiet competence of this Director. Contrast his style to one Danville Walker of some years ago.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you seem to have a problem with anybody who have some ego. If them a do them job does it really matter much?

not everybody going to have the same style.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Him can be quiet.. all di hard wuk done ahready...

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            I don't know the answer to tht question. I have been registered for a while now.

Note the quiet competence of this Director. Contrast his style to one Danville Walker of some years ago.
            Thats the problem with you people. Anyone that gets the job done is hated. Then we wonder why Jamaica cyaan guh forward.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Get the job done?! Yuh mean permit all those illegal candidates for member of parliament??!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X