• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this is true.........

Dip in stopover tourist arrival a concern – Bartlett

7:15 am, Wed March 13, 2013

Edmund Bartlett, Opposition Spokesperson for Tourism

Reports have surfaced that all is not well in the tourism sector.
    Opposition Spokesperson for Tourism Edmund Bartlett said the sector has for the first time in several years seen a fall in stopover arrivals, with five consecutive months of decline since October.
    According to Mr. Bartlett the situation is bordering on a major crisis as the winter tourist season registers the most arrivals for Jamaica.
    Mr. Bartlett, in a statement issued on Tuesday, said the declining numbers average two per cent per month with January’s fall off running at 4.7 per cent.
    He also noted that the primary tourist markets for Jamaica – the US, Canada and the United Kingdom which account for 90 per cent of the traffic are all registering a decline in numbers.
    RJR News was unable to reach Dr. Wykeham McNeil, Minister of Tourism for a response.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Gwaan Bartlett!!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

So road and infrastructure naw sell again??

You nah say gwaaan Mcneil nuh more?

As I said I will wait until the winter number and see what happen.

Anyway that is not the offical number yet.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Gwaan Sass!!
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X