• The PNP's Vision of Arrogance

The Benefit Of 'Optics'
    Published: Tuesday | March 12, 2013 0 Comments

Dr Omar Davies
    By Gordon Robinson

"Cutting the Cabinet, that's optics, borders on being frivolous."

So it was that, with a dismissive wave of an imperious hand, the concerns of thousands of ordinary Jamaicans asked to sacrifice for the nation were rejected as childish. Teachers, nurses, policemen, everybody but Cabinet ministers are being asked to hold strain once more.

But, should one policeman ask of Cabinet ministers: "What are you intending to contribute to the sacrifice?" That's "optics, borders on being frivolous ...". How dare we suggest Cabinet ministers should sacrifice, too? Exactly who do we think we are?

I've been washed down the sink of your conscience.

In the theatre of your love, I lost my part.

And now you say you've got me out of your conscience.

I've been flushed from the bathroom of your heart.

'Optics'? My dictionary defines this as "the scientific study of sight and light". So, let's study the sight of Cabinet ministers importing largely tax-free luxury SUVs using our taxes, while asking us to sacrifice and pay more taxes. Light and sight study results tell us we must pay taxes while Cabinet spends taxes without accounting to anyone.

BENEFITS OF CUTS

If the Cabinet were cut to 12, at least eight luxury vehicles would become unnecessary. Those tax dollars could have been saved and maybe a few proper toilets put in some schools. But, no, if we have the impertinence to propose Cabinet share the sacrifice, we're enemies of the State.

In the garbage disposal of your dreams, I've been ground up, dear

On the river of your plans, I'm up the creek

Up the elevator of your future, I've been shafted

On the calendar of your events, I'm last week.

A Cabinet cut would produce the sight of fewer drivers waiting around in SUVs with engines and air-conditioning running while their masters bang on Gordon House desks or visit friends. The savings in petrol alone could buy dialysis machines for the nation's hospitals. How many expensive 'consultants' are assigned to each minister?

The spin-off hangers-on industries created when one Cabinet minister is appointed rivals Saturday Night Live. But we daren't go there. According to our Lord and Master, we're frivolous. Sometimes, it's best to stay silent.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...cleisure2.html

But wait, who did seh Omar NOT arrogant last week?

LoL

That was one of the most clueless statements ever made on the forum...

Summaddy in serious Denial..

The Jamaican leadership is the biggest time-wasters I have ever seen!!

It's all about posturing...and who can out-chat the other side...using empty fancy terms and words.

The sad thing is that the Jamaican people love and revel in this kind of silly behavior......

And Jamaica is STILL firmly stuck in a 3rd world status:

Only two leaders stand out as being serious about di work..

Bruce Golding and Eddie Seaga..

I wonder what Mosiah would think about your view?

... the same Mosiah that claim Omar nuh arrogant?

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                Only two leaders stand out as being serious about di work..

Bruce Golding and Eddie Seaga..
                You are half right half of the time.

I have my opinion.. I am sure you have yours..

Mine is guided by Critical Thinking... what is yours ?

you a lick hot today Ba Ba. LOL

What critical thought process puts the disgraced Bruce Golding in that category.

ask Ben.

His reply was classic. LOL

The same one that guided the Economist...

<A well-respected international political and business magazine has deemed outgoing Prime Minister Bruce Golding one of Jamaica's most successful leaders.>

Mi deal wid Critical Thinking.. not emotional rhetoric..

Manley is probably the biggest flip/flopper in Jamaican history, PJ was the ultimate opportunist and came to get paid.. Portia is.. well.. out of her depth...

Dat just leave Eddie and Bruce.. dem man deh went about dem business in a serious manner.. Lee Kuan Yewish..

Yep Driva and the DayWalker were certainly serious workers...one was the creator & protector of Jamaica's Crime Central and the other was so stupid enuff to wrap up imself inna it's extreme corruption

Both paid the political price of public disapproval and early exile

Too bad

And still are better by a mile than the rest...