• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: Brother Allegedly Shoots Up Casket Of ‘Suicide Dad’

UPDATE: Brother Allegedly Shoots Up Casket Of ‘Suicide Dad’

Published: Sunday March 10, 2013 | 7:12 pm2 Comments
    Damion Mitchell, Editor - Radio & Online

There was a disturbing end this afternoon to the funeral of the Trelawny man who two weeks ago murdered his two children before committing suicide.

It’s reported that while mourners were at the graveside of Kenville Mullings, one of his brothers went berserk and pumped several shots into the air before firing bullets into the casket.

Paul Patmore, the councillor for the Lorrimers Division in Trelawny, who is also the operator of Patmore’s Funeral Home, said the incident sent mourners scurrying.

“I ran back up to the hearse, when I saw him shooting,” Patmore said.

The police have confirmed that there was an incident at the funeral of Mullings in Woodgrove, Trelawny today, but would not provide details.

They have also confirmed that the brother has been taken into custody.

Contacted a short while ago, Pastor Jeffect Watson said it was a anxious moment.

"I was standing right there," he said. "It was a bit frightening, about four to five shots went into the vault."

Watson said the shooting happened just as he was about to commit the body to the ground.

"I saw someone coming down and I heard shots; some of the persons got scared and went away," he said.

But Watson said he stayed put, completed the burial proceedings, signed the death certificate and then left the family plot.

He said at on leaving the family plot he saw the police speaking with the man.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Too late, too late was the cry...

Comment

Working...
    X