What would be the outcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be the outcome

if a group of Jamaicans jokingly burned a German, UK, US or most other country flag in a youtube video?

hhhhhhmmmmmmm
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

http://www.debate.org/flag-burning

French law made it illegal to burn or desecrate the national flag with a bill that was passed in 2010. Several people have already been fined for the crime, which is illegal even in a private setting. Germany has even harsher laws when it comes to flag desecration. Damaging the flag of Germany or that of any German state is a crime punishable by up to five years in prison.
    The (German) company clearly anticipated that the Ad would generate controversy and they were correct. Anybody who thinks this was just an innocent "everybody loves Jamaica" ad is being naive.

This is what happens when we mek we glad-bag buss over an Ad with someone imitating our accent. Man get invited down as special guest and all kinda ting. We easily impressed bwoy.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Well said mi BOSS !
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Was it a real fire, real flag ???

Comment

I am trying to find out if an actual flag did burn.. dem have nuff special effects innah di movie business dese days..

Anybody know ??

Comment

does it matter?

The image shows a burning flag. that is all that matters.

The message is clear.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It does matter.. based on the posts in this thread which speak to laws regarding Flag burning..

Is nuff movie mi si Flag ah burn.. mi nuh si nuh uproar bout it doh and it a bun juss because it ah part of di story dem ah tell... and in di story di flag a bun pon purpose..

Wheh di difference ??

Comment

Muadib is being silly and he knows it.

Mek him go produce a simulation of a world leader being assassinated and post it pon youtube. Him can tell CIA or KGB that it wasn't real and see how that work out for him.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

But what you describe bout what happens with flag burning in the movies has nothing to do with whether the flag being used is really burnt or not, now does it? So asking if it was real or simulated is a red herring.

Comment

Yuh ave time fi dat debate ,Ben being Ben .

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I am responding to Assassin question of does it matter whether it is real or not.. try and follow di thread nuh..

Mi guh good school..stap trying to find a flaw in my logic.. waste of time dat..

Comment

It is a work of fiction.. apply more Critical Thinking.. less emotion.. we have way too much of dat in Jamaica.. nuff ah it faux.. dat is unnuh prablem..

Comment

The question is do I have time to debate unnuhs.. I deal with Critical Thinking.. not emotional rhetoric..

The Flag uproar points to immaturity and faux patriotism.. dem cyaan even get di color right innah Yard...

Jamaica.. BOOM !.. Jamaica.. BOOM !..

Spare me..

Comment

Guh bun di man dem flag and put it on you tube as some comedy skit in how much you love dem, I want to see di German dem critical thinking at work.

Claffy!

Comment

Would not make sense..

No-one outside of those countries care if dem Flag a bun..

Thats the point..

Comment

Working...
                              X