Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good news indeed.

Comment

Assassin, what you mean? Are you saying that there is a block on importing solar panels.

Comment

No if we were economically independent then most people would be able to afford solar panels.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Economic Independence:

Do you have to borrow money to pay your bills ?

Capiche ?

Comment

What makes it idiotic.. that you cannot answer it ?

Comment

save it for Lloyd B dem...

<And in that context, my focus turns on the youth of this country. It is perhaps tragic that even as we bask in the seeming glory of having attained 50 years of political independence, not only are we yet to achieve economic independence but have created "a generation of vipers". This may sound silly, but I am convinced that unless we deal with the youth crisis in this country then we will never ever become truly independent, economically or otherwise. Indeed, our political independence hinges on the way we treat our youth because they are the future of this country. They are the ones who must be the producers, the innovators, the creators, the game changers, the nation builders.>

I believe it is an issue of priorities.. what do you think ?

Put di list innah ordah and stap di badmind yapping Trini..

Comment

The question is a bit simplistic in that it assumes that there is no interdependence between the three. History shows that sovereign nations were able to make positive economic decisions that they could not have made without having the independence to do so.It depends on who makes the decisions.
                The US was not doing too badly as a British colony in some eyes if we follow your argument.

Comment

It is not simplistic since it speaks to priority.... what is most important in your mind..

You do not need sovereign independence to address economic and energy independence..

Cayman rejected going independent.. I am sure Bermuda would too.. they are doing fine...

Now stop dodging.. if yuh fraid to indicate your priority den seh suh..

Comment

Please define "economically independent" so we know what you're talking about
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You don't need him definition.. pick any definition yuh feel and order di list..

It is not a trick question.. why unnuh suh fraid ?

Comment

you don't have to take my defination. Go to any dictionary, any Wiki page and in I will take anyone as it relates to Jamaica.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          you don't have to take my defination. Go to any dictionary, any Wiki page and in I will take anyone as it relates to Jamaica.
                          LOL

Have you posted a definition?? I bet every poster in this thread would have a different definition of economic independence

That being the case it renders the arguments here null ...I'm trying to avoid that

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Afta mi nuh bizniz wid list

Mi dun list di #1 priority... Independence fram JLPNP tribalism

Once dat fix wi noice

Comment

It nuh matter how many diifrant definition poster have.. Jamaica nuh have none a dem !

Comment

the defination they post, can't be that far apart. It is a general term.

What are you trying to accomplish here?

Can you define in what way we are not economically dependent on someone else? When your balance of trade and balance of payment are as wacked as Jamaica, there is no reason for me to argue economic independence with you.

Tell me 5 countries we have a positive balance of trade with?

Comment

Working...
                                X