• IQ Test for Jamaicans

Rank these in order of importance:

Sovereign Independence
    Economic Independence
    Energy Independence

#!

Independence from the corrupt, self-serving JLPNP tribalists
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Energy Independence ( this will drive economic)
      Economic Independence
      Sovereign Independence (not required.)

Comment

Economic Indepence is the most important one I think, I think it will also drive the energy indepence and sovereign.

Imagine if we could all buy solar panel? You know what we coulda tell JPS. LOL
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

economic independence kind of broad, who is economic independent? I think we can pick some measureable outcomes such as diversifying the energy source. Grant some license to alternative power company that will look at wind, solar and thermal energy that will reduce the cost of production , while creating jobs. .That is how you get to the latter.. I don't think there is a magic wand that makes you economic independent...
          Point taking thought the queen argument is a idle one and will not change one thing for a floundering economy...

Comment

The question was asked in generic way so I put forward a generic answer.

The thing is to be economy independent we have to be able to export more than import and have a much bigger gdp and be productive. Energy independence could also be a part of economic indepence.

Truth be told we will never be totally energy independent but as you say some steps are vital. The fact is we have to have leadership on all front to achieve economic growth that we are dying for. Truth is we have a good way to go to be independent in any form as our mentality is not to get independent but to remain captive of some foriegn entity that is coming to invest billions in our future rather than growing small businesses and providing an economic climate to make them grow. Yes I am talking about Jamaican businesses.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i understand. I think Maudib was trying to make a point that Portia infactuation with the queen being the head of sate is not of any priority and I agree. I dont like broad terms tough as I cant measure them. I like thing that i can measure.. if you were to ask me if the u.s.a is economic independent i would say NO... so i would not even go down that road.. I agree we need produce more, and import less, but not by tarriffs but quality goods. I was in a restaurant... Annas bananas in your neck a the woods and the waitress could not find be a red snapper but some imported talipia filet.. imagine that... in protland where if you guh swim fish buck up innna you..

Comment

yes the US is far from economy independent at the moment. The US in the 1990s like Ja think the service sector was the "new" way to gain economic strenght and put less emphasis on manufacturing and energy now it is getting a little better and the US will be net exporter of natural gas in the near future(big turn around).

My friend very good friend who is a fisherman in Portland "don't have hand to sell his fishes". He could afford a huge commercial freezer and another boat but he can't afford the cost of the electricity to run the Freezer. So there we go, without that he can't have the output that he could have to employ a few more fisherman and sell. Yeah it is sad to see the kind of stuff we import and accept. While I think we can't tax our way out of import, it maybe the only short term or unless we can find legislation to ban certain products.

Comment

".... in protland where if you guh swim fish buck up innna you.."

This forum is excellent therapy for stress!!!

I really enjoyed that one OJ. It's one of those joke that makes you buss- out- a -laugh in the miggle of the night.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Idiotic question. Like people fraid fi tell yu dat?

Comment

I doubt anyone catching so much fish in Jamaica, unless your friend has no hands...what kind of fish is he catching?

Comment

OJba talk bout d old time days....

Comment

Ah Exile.. gonna leave that one.

Comment

No man mi brethren pretty content. He spent a lot of years on a cruise ship and then return home and he tells me his average in come now catching fish on a weekly is more than working on the cruise line.

Not sure what kind of boat he has I know he has no reason to tell me otherwise and his words "he has no reason to even visit anywhere else"

I don't think Portland water is fished as much as some others.

Comment

Last time at the blue hole in Portland Janga was snipping at my feet if I stood up too long in one place in the water. It was refreshing just feeling that.

Comment

Working...
                              X