Report recommends removal of defective fire trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report recommends removal of defective fire trucks

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=news_postinfo></TD></TR><TR><TD class=news_byline>Report recommends removal of defective fire trucks</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 9px"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=news_summary><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellPadding=0 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=news_imagecaption><SPAN style="WIDTH: 160px">An electrican working on a fire truck at the Waterford Fire Station in Portmore, St. Catherine. This truck, like many others around the island, breaks down frequently.</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SPAN class=news_summary>A team which conducted a recent assessment of the new <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 600; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative">fleet</SPAN> of fire trucks has recommended that all the units should be withdrawn from service until questions relating to the safety of the trucks are addressed by the suppliers. </SPAN>

<SPAN class=news_body>It has also forwarded several recommendations which should be pursued to correct the faults on the units.

The report was compiled by a five member team from at least three state agencies, including the National Works Agency, the Island Traffic Authority, and the Ministry of Water.

The team was asked to determine whether the fire trucks had mechanical faults following several <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative">accidents</SPAN> in which sections of the units were separated from their chassis.

Among other things, the team of <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative">investigators</SPAN> concluded that the design of the fire trucks as it relates in particular to the chassis and fire fighting equipment is not safe for the operators or other users of the road.

The team stated that the trucks do not allow for safe handling on the typical Jamaican road, neither do they allow for fast movement in and out of traffic.

The team observed that t
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Report recommends removal of defective fire trucks

Is this rabble rousing and hog wash? I recall when it was announced that Portia had secured the fire trucks, and the idiots in the JLP were putting forward arguments as to why this model should not be purchased. I heard some callers to Independent Talk cuss the Opposition over their position on these trucks and the one Ronnie Thwaites was in his glory. I wonder what dem affi say now? How long now were these trucks purchased?

When Jamaicans ago realize that a pure **** eeidiat a run the country? Oh well .. on to the 5th term. Only in Jamaica these half wits can be called leaders.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (4/5/2007)

“To our certain knowledge there exists a report from the fire brigade where the officers warn the technical officers against this particular type of vehicle and that they prefer the RENOE which they say has a proven track record for safety in Jamaica."
      :Laff: :Laff: :Laff: :Laff: :Laff: We really are a set of illiterate people yuh know. Mi nah tell nuhbaddy a Jamaica mi come from again. It's RENAULT you monkeys (tdown)

Comment

The Land of the dunces. We have some real dump arse people in Jamaica. Can bet the educated fools in the government run go buy the trucks, without conducting any research. I have first hand experience with Renault vehicles, and they are garbage.

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

But these trucks aren't the RENAULT they are another kind. I don't know if you're right or not about the quality but I know the guy that used to bring in the RENAULTS and the PNP fight him out cause he is not a party loyalist and dem use one of there own to link up these new trucks.

Comment

Ok......I was referring to their passenger cars (not the trucks), their quality was not great in the eighties & early nineties.

The basic problem with Jamaica is that we have people making decisions who lack expertise, knowledge and common sense. One's political backative is often the overriding factor these days to be a decision maker. Nothing surprises me these days!

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Bubba stop drop yet ?

Comment

Well now dat di G.O.A.T. has retired Bubba get a bligh.

Comment

Working...
                X