No announcement yet.

NWC Unable To Collect Nearly $4b From 102 Communities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nuh nuttin new this....dem people nuh pay utility bills, free electricity, water & cable with AC blasting 24/7. The MP mek sure ting set so votes can deliver pon election time. Happy New Year boss!
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Happy New Year, Hortical!

What happens in Jamaica is not a unique thing. I think the same thing happens in Brazil, in their favelas.

That same Inner City Housing Project dat nuff people fight, that is a way to regularise the situation. But if the people don't have jobs much less hope...it a go ruff!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I cannot imagine that a solution can't be found if the political will is there. As usual it isn't there so we will amble along with no desired outcome.

Oh well....

"Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is"
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

mi nah tell yuh man....
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Dat still a gwan? Lol. Is nuff air we used to pay for back in the day.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

nah stop sah. People who a pay nah get nothing and people who nah pay a get and waste the water. How can they be profitable???
              Last edited by Assasin; January 2, 2013, 12:31 PM.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Still going on... People nuh have piped water for months & exorbitant bills............
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Y di raaath are we the ongly island in the blessed anglo-Carribean dat dont compel new constructions to build cistens and rain water gutter pon di side of every building? Y dont we offer tax breaks for this to be retro-fitted to older houses and building?

Give us vision lest we perish.

Comment

How to fund this...and I dont mean funding the construction, I mean how the recipient dem aggo pay back the cost of the hosing with no job, no skills, no prospects?

This is putting cart before horse!!!!

Dont forget seh Jam bruk long time, despite putting our Ticians in the lap of luxury!

Comment

Pay back? LOL!

Dem nah pay fe light and water so why would they think dem fe pay mortgage? Who a go collect it from dem? Who a go evict dem? Betta you just give dem and nuh bodda waste time thinking you a get it back.

As you say, we are producing youths who have none of the skills required to be productive in a 20th century economy let alone the 21st. That is the core problem.

It is by no means an easy one to solve but one would think that should be our focus. But maybe we just "love poor people".

Comment

Dats Y mi seh cart before horse.

Mo think seh wi have money fi build house fi give away?

Even if you dial it back 25 years and we could borrow the money, how do we select who gets and who does not? Pallytrix?

Comment

The difference though when you have them in structured housing like that, it is easier to cut the utilities if they don't pay. You'd be surprised, or probably wouldn't be, to know that many times they can pay something. But why?!?

Almost, crime fighting is easier in such residential neighbourhoods.

And some of those who received houses form that program have lost them because of non-payment, if the news I received some months ago was accurate!

I don't have the solution to these challenges (more like problems), but I do blame the govt. for forcing the people into these conditions with their politricks over the years.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                            Dats Y mi seh cart before horse.

Mo think seh wi have money fi build house fi give away?

Even if you dial it back 25 years and we could borrow the money, how do we select who gets and who does not? Pallytrix?
                            Yes, Willi, I do think we have money fi build house and gi weh!

What are the alternatives?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tawes Pen in Spanish Town is one such community. How much light bill and water collected there?

Recipe for more ghetto creation if skills not developed and employment found.

Comment

Tawes Pen built years ago. ICHP employed the latest in remote reading and disconnection of some utilities.

And, just because they don't disconnect doesn't mean it isn't easier for utility companies and police to get around those sorts of buildings as opposed to the ants nests that are many ghettoes - no road, no address, no safety for police.

100% in support for skill development and employment. Preaching to the choir there!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X