Premier for the Cayman Islands McKeeva Bush arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier for the Cayman Islands McKeeva Bush arrested

Premier for the Cayman Islands McKeeva Bush has been arrested and detained for bribery allegations according to Cayman27 News.

The Premier was arrested at his West Bay home 7 am this morning, following police investigations “on suspicion of theft, in connection with financial irregularities relating to the alleged misuse of a government credit card; Breach of trust”; “Abuse of office and Conflict of interest, contrary to S13, S17 and S19 of the Anti-Corruption Law 2008 respectively. In connection with the alleged importation of explosive substances without valid permits on or before February 2012.” The Royal Cayman Police stated that they would not make any further statements until further notice.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

If only our OCG had the power!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If TCI and Cayman were independent Caribbean states, would their former and current Premiers both be looking at prison time now?

Uncomfortable question but one worth asking as we wind down Jamaica 50.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Looking at prison time? Let's slow it down a bit. They have not even been tried yet.

But good question!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

they caught misick the other day, nuh suh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Observer said "captured", as if he was hiding in the Amazon. A little dramatic, I think.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Observer Not Incorrect

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Observer said "captured", as if he was hiding in the Amazon. A little dramatic, I think.
              The Observer is not exactly incorrect in using this word. The ex-chief minister was indeed hiding, and had been for some time after the British announced a commission of enquiry into his premiership (actually, the correct term is “chief minister”). Rumour had it that he had been living in the Dominican Republic after fleeing his home country.

He was on Interpol’s wanted list.

Comment

Update on Cayman Islands Imbroglio

My source: The Barbados Nation newspaper; Dec. 20, 2012.
                (http://www.nationnews.com/articles/v...ayman-islands/ )

New Premier for Cayman Islands

Thu, December 20, 2012 - 9:25 AM

GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands - Deputy Premier of the Cayman Islands, Julia O'Connor-Connolly is now the islands' new Premier following Tuesday's no-confidence vote in Premier McKeeva Bush.

Yesterday, Governor Duncan Taylor announced that O'Connor-Connolly is backed by a majority of lawmakers and he is satisfied she can form a "stable, functioning government."

O'Connor-Connolly who was deputy premier under McKeeva Bush, who was ousted Tuesday will have as her Deputy , Rolston Anglin while Mark Scotland, Cline Glidden and Dwayne Seymour will make up the rest of the Cabinet.
                (CMC)

Comment

whoa ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Dem people yah move fast..He was "ousted" with.no 6 month commission of enquiry, no party conference, no block road and bun tyre.....

Where did we fail?
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Lol! Same thing I thought

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      Dem people yah move fast..He was "ousted" with.no 6 month commission of enquiry, no party conference, no block road and bun tyre.....

Where did we fail?
                      I know (lol)! That’s the same thing I thought when I first read the news report this morning. No investigation, discussion, protest or apparent attemp to defend! (Lol)

It’s almost as if they had been waiting in the shadows for this opportunity, and so eagerly grabbed it the minute it presented itself!

Islandman, I love your sarcastic last sentence (lol).

Comment

commission of enquiry for a Criminal charge.. ?

Nuh court ting dat ?

Comment

Working...
                        X