Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can $500 million make you happy? Not really

By Melissa Dahl, NBC News
    You surely know by now that the Powerball jackpot is set to hit at least $500 million tonight. You should also know that your odds of winning the grand prize are somewhere around 1 in 176 million (at least, we really hope you know that). So here's a bit of comfort for you tonight as you stare dejectedly at your losing ticket: Most lottery winners don't end up any happier than the rest of us.

More at http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...ot-really?lite
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Oh?

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    You surely know by now that the Powerball jackpot is set to hit at least $500 million tonight. You should also know that your odds of winning the grand prize are somewhere around 1 in 176 million (at least, we really hope you know that). So here's a bit of comfort for you tonight as you stare dejectedly at your losing ticket: Most lottery winners don't end up any happier than the rest of us.

Good for them.... trust me, I would be happy -- very, very, very, very happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
      Good for them.... trust me, I would be happy -- very, very, very, very happy!

I hold the same view. Afterall, man can jet to Europe to watch big name players just like that ... what more could one want?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

People who win big in the lottery and are not happy afterwards, are people who doesn't have a plan. The wife and I have been planning for our "big" win whether it's $10m or $500m. The plan doesn't change.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jettison all your "friends"...divorce the ball and chain...change your phone number...and enjoy your money...

Comment

I want my chance at not getting 'happier than the rest of us.'
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I want my chance at not getting 'happier than the rest of us.'
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X